Motorcycle Fanatics, show your ride(s)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricK The Red

Reaction score
The MotoGP thread showed me there are a few enthusiasts out there. Let's see your bikes!

Here's my old '89 FJ1200:

EricR-FJ1200.JPG

And my newer toy/ratbike/commuter SV650:

Eric_Wheelie_1_June_2007.jpg

I don't wheelie on the street, this was on an old closed airbase.

SV_004.jpg

Yes I have a car pipe! And it's sexy growley.

SV_012.jpg

Let's see some more bikes!

My older Honda VFR
vfr_nhis.JPG

This is on the infield at New Hampshire Speedway, where a regional vintage motorcycle club races, on the road course (using only part of the oval).

Have cornerworked a few times, but becoming lazy, these days.

EDIT: mice ate holes in my tent, need to order a repair kit...!

2261626979_48935d7681.jpg

This is my daily rider. That is when I'm not taking my boy to daycare. I still haven't figured out how to use one of those net thingy's to keep him on the luggage rack.:rockin:

2262413290_4ec6f7bd41.jpg

Dusty? Sure but you don't notice when you are on it.

2262413510_a95a0d98dd.jpg

A very modest liquid regulated 750cc V-Twin that has even some of the older guys thinkin it's at least 1300cc.

heres my commuter. A Honda VTX1300C I almost rode every day this past winter, but below 30 isnt fun. Its my first bike, but Im already looking for something bigger. As of now my next one will either be the Yamaha Raider or the Suzuki M109.

3394-VTX008.jpg

orfy said:
Nice bikes. I've always been tempted but never bit.

I like the SJ best. Is it like a bandit?

The SV is very different from a Bandit. The SV is a V-twin 650 or 1000, and the Bandit is a 1200 inline four. They're both great, inexpensive bikes IMO.

Orfy, nothing is a inexpensive as an Kawasaki EX500..!

They are club-raced everywhere and are tough as nails.
Bonus: nobody is going to steal an EX500.

Oh, you must have a tiered license system, don't you..?

I somehow wish the U.S. had such, as I find absurd that just about anybody (once licensed, mostly a joke) can go and ride a 135 HP, high acceleration machine off the lot, without elementary knowledge of, say, braking...

I can't find a pic of my 79 Yamaha, but I found a pic of a similar bike online:

Yam79XS750FRR1.jpg

Mine is the same except I have a fairing on mine. And mine doesn't look nearly as nice as this beauty. It's sitting in my shed right now waiting patiently for me to get it running again.

Iechyd Da said:
'99 Sportster
204500340_698edf1751.jpg

Nice Sporty! How do the SuperTrapps sound? I've got a set of Bassani Pro Streets on mine--they sound awesome, but are quite loud. I live in a quite/older neighborhood, and my neighbors hate my ass! I've been contemplating a new set of pipes. I want something that will idle pretty quietly, but really roar when I crack it open.

Here's the only pic I have of my '03 1200S, the day I brought it home:

973-bike.jpg

What a great thread!

Firstly, my wonderful little dual-sport BMW F650. It's such a fun bike. It has home-made panniers and topcase that the previous owner designed. I love 'em.

F650smright.jpg

Next, my Screaming Meanie, a BMW K1200R. It makes a great sport-touring bike, but I have to be careful that it doesn't get me into trouble...
mountainbike.jpg

I also have a 1988 K75S, but I can't find my pics right now...

Bedlam said:
What a great thread!

Firstly, my wonderful little dual-sport BMW F650. It's such a fun bike. It has home-made panniers and topcase that the previous owner designed. I love 'em.

F650smright.jpg

Next, my Screaming Meanie, a BMW K1200R. It makes a great sport-touring bike, but I have to be careful that it doesn't get me into trouble...
mountainbike.jpg

I also have a 1988 K75S, but I can't find my pics right now...

Nice! You guys should all join the UTMC. Google UTMC...it's a fun group.

Pugilist said:
Please dont be too jealous. It holds 24 16oz fliptops for those loooonngg journeys.

cooler%20scooter%20black%20500w.jpg

I don't have a bike. Sorry.

But I did see a kid ride through my neighborhood on something very much like this a few weeks ago. I almost crashed my car, because I was thinking "Is that kid riding a cooler?" He had it going fairly fast too!

Yeah, Jill! Nice Beemers! That K is a screamer!
mfclap.gif

This was my baby. Gone but not forgotten.

snow.jpg

Always loved this shot.

DSCN0818.jpg

My favorite shot. 70+MPH one handed on dirt! Yahooo! You can see the road's bumpiness in the reflection on the helmet. Bike smoothed it out very well.

Carrizo010.jpg

Bruscar,

What a pretty Oilhead! I've always been fond of the GS, but find that the Big Pig doesn't suit my riding style. Now, the new F800GS that is coming out...drool!! Might have to seriously consider one of those, once they work the kinks out. (And if they can ever get the damn thing to market.)

Those are nice pics, especially the train one.

My 1978 Kawasaki KZ650 Franken-bike

Last year
14996-pdckz.jpg

Here's how it looks right now.
large.jpg

The whole front clip is from an early 90's EX500. The headlight and flyscreen are from a Buell Lightning. The swingarm is from a early 90's Kawasaki Zephyr 550. Rear wheel and brake are from an 86' ZX1000. I have rearsets off of an 04' GSXR 750 that I will be installing. And the solo seat I carved myself and had recovered locally. The motor is apart for cleanup/valve/head work and maybe more......

erohver -- nice. I like the black frames on the post-2003 SVs, but I think I like the tubular "Sukati" frames on the pre-2003 ones better. But then, I'm biased. BTW -- keep that front wheel down! Front mounted oil pickups + wheelies = spun bearings and exploded engines. SVs just aren't ideal wheelie bikes (I mean, they are, with all that V-twin torque, but blown engines are bad.)

A few pics of my 2001 SV650/2005 GSXR (front end)/2006 636 (shock), all taken at the track (although it does double street/track duty and is also my daily commuter when there's no snow on the roads):

1) Prepped for a fun day at Grattan Raceway:
img_1543.jpg

2) After a little get-off in the weeds outside of turn 7, Gingerman Raceway:
img_1600.jpg

And a video later that same day at Gingerman, after some quick repairs to the choke, front master cylinder and clip-ons, and after removal the rest of the front fender. I'm on the blue bike that passes the camera bike ~20 seconds in:

[youtube]UTbnJNtKhPg[/youtube]

e lo said:
erohver -- nice. I like the black frames on the post-2003 SVs, but I think I like the tubular "Sukati" frames on the pre-2003 ones better. But then, I'm biased. BTW -- keep that front wheel down! Front mounted oil pickups + wheelies = spun bearings and exploded engines. SVs just aren't ideal wheelie bikes (I mean, they are, with all that V-twin torque, but blown engines are bad.)

Mine is actually a 2003 that I painted black. I know the SV won't tolerate excessive wheelies, so I keep 'em short. I don't normally do wheelies anyway.

I'm considering a V-Strom for my next bike and using the SV as my track bike.

21055_0_1_2_v-strom%20650_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

These bikes are so much fun! :D

erohver said:

21055_0_1_2_v-strom%20650_Image%20credits%20-%20Suzuki.jpg

These bikes are so much fun! :D

you and I both! My brother has one and so does a coworker of mine. I ride a cruiser now, but could definitely see myself on a dual sport in the near future

Here's a vid my riding pal Tim put together. The beginning is footage of Tim chasing Kyle (on a Honda Hurricane!!!) down a road which remain nameless because were trying to keep it a secret. Notice there are no driveways, intersections etc for miles...:)

P.S. I don't ride like these animals, just with them...

[YOUTUBE]g6fUIoxkZHo[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I do like the V-Strom. I had to decide between the SV and the V-Strom, and the track-capable bike won out. But I love the V-Strom for sure.

I think my next bike will be a "civilized" SuMo, like the DRZ400SM. It ain't gonna win any races, but I can ride it to work and bang it around at the SuMo track -- what more could I want?

Here's another vid from last summer:

[YOUTUBE]Mc7DI887eKY[/YOUTUBE]

This is a bunch of different video that Tim put together, I was only around for the intro footage. This isn't sped-up footage, watch the digital speedo!...Animals! :D

This is my current ride, 2006 VRSCR, ride it everyday!
bike1.jpg

Here is my old daily ride 1998 Buell White Lightning, till I got a little crazy and made it a drag bike. It broke a lot. I had twins, bye-bye dragbike.
dominik.jpg

My garage in college, and bikes in their normal state of repair. The 98 buell and my 96 CBR 600. I lived across from sorority row. It was fun.
2bike.jpg

BTW, I do work at a H-D dealership, any supporting members who need a "hookup" on parts, yes, even for riceburners (aftermarket only) PM me.
:rockin:

quickerNu said:
BTW, I do work at a H-D dealership, any supporting members who need a "hookup" on parts, yes, even for riceburners (aftermarket only) PM me.

if you work in maintenance, you must stay really, and I mean really busy ;)

Just curious, didn't H-D bike sales peak out two years ago?

H-D seems to sell a lot more than just motorcycles. Doesn't that makes a substantial part of the bottom line..?

quickerNu said:
My garage in college, and bikes in their normal state of repair. The 98 buell and my 96 CBR 600. I lived across from sorority row. It was fun.
2bike.jpg

Looks an awful lot like my grad school garage. :)

Thanks for the offer on hookups! I might have to get in touch with you here shortly. :mug:

Chimone said:
all kidding aside, are the rumors true that numbers are down for HD?

Well, I have been with H-D since 1997, except for my poor attempt at using my degree for 2 years. Until recently, production was so low, and demand so high, you had a 6 month to 1 year waiting list just to buy a bike. This pissed off shareholders, who yelled "build more bikes"! We did. Now we are riding the fine line between supply and demand. Dealers have more inventory than ever before. Sales are not down at all (at least in southern states and internationally) in fact, we are up over 20% over jan & feb last year. Overall with the Motor Company, profits are down, inventory is up. The company reacted the right way by cutting production, and got crucified on wall street for doing the right thing.

The company increased profits every quarter since 1984 (I think) and last q was the first non-record setting quarter. A minor slowdown, no doom and gloom! :mug:

beergears said:
Just curious, didn't H-D bike sales peak out two years ago?

H-D seems to sell a lot more than just motorcycles. Doesn't that makes a substantial part of the bottom line..?

Bike sales have increased every year still. Harley makes a fair bit from motorclothes, parts and accessories, and financing. However, sales are still the bread and butter. Our dealership has increased sales every year- substantially.

I am waiting for my mid life crises to occur before I buy my bike. That way my kids will be grown and I'll actually have money again. Let's just hope I still have the nerve.

Till then, It's a Huffy for me :rockin:

Back