MotoGP is way more exciting than NASCAR

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about Ducati's Fabrizio losing his boot after getting slammed in twice on the grid...?

I do not get how you could lose a race boot just like that. I am assuming it came apart, disintegrated, not off the leg.
OTOH, he was walking on that foot, so the boot did the job.

Yeah, no kidding. I really have to work to get out of my Oxtar TCS Evo Ti's -- I can't imagine having one ripped from my foot like that, and still being able to walk. Yikes!

I dunno. I think the appeal of watching Nascar is that you get more instances of drivers racing each other more often throughout the field. Most times I've tuned into F1 or motorcycle races it's usually a staggered field with the real racing (passing) actions few and far between. It's probably the reason F1 and Champ drivers are flocking to Nascar these days. Just my opinion, mind you.

Mike C said:
I dunno. I think the appeal of watching Nascar is that you get more instances of drivers racing each other more often throughout the field. Most times I've tuned into F1 or motorcycle races it's usually a staggered field with the real racing (passing) actions few and far between. It's probably the reason F1 and Champ drivers are flocking to Nascar these days. Just my opinion, mind you.
Hmmm... you have a point. However, it's like a buch of little races happening in the middle of a cattle stampede.

Just my $0.02.

Personally, I enjoyed seeing Kyle Busch win today, even though I had his brother picked to win...

Now if more people would get in on the Qatar MotoGP torrent from pyr8bay I might get to see that today as well.

The MotoGP race was great until about lap 10. Once Stoner got out front, that was all she wrote.... again. I guess Ducati will still be the bike to beat this year. It was nice to see Rossi doing battle for a while. It's a shame he fell to 5th. How about that start from Pedrosa???? God I love MotoGP!

ma2brew said:
Personally, I enjoyed seeing Kyle Busch win today, even though I had his brother picked to win...

Now if more people would get in on the Qatar MotoGP torrent from pyr8bay I might get to see that today as well.

Y'know, I used to dislike Kyle until I realized that he likes to deliberately spin up the commentators. I kind of glad he won today as well; hell, I'm just glad this season isn't turning into another Gordon/Johnson love-fest like last year. Good to see Stewart and Jr placing well ahead of those guys.

Got a link for that torrent? I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Cheers~

I wonder how the tire wars will shape up in GP this year. Michelin walked away w/ it in both practice and the race this weekend, but a night race =/= a hot daytime race. And how about Lorenzo flogging that FIAT Yamaha for all it's worth? Should be a good season of GP! Now if only I can find a bar around here that shows the races....

e lo said:
I wonder how the tire wars will shape up in GP this year. Michelin walked away w/ it in both practice and the race this weekend, but a night race =/= a hot daytime race. And how about Lorenzo flogging that FIAT Yamaha for all it's worth? Should be a good season of GP! Now if only I can find a bar around here that shows the races....

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/index.htm

There's live coverage but you have to pay.

e lo said:
I thought Lorenzo was going to stay right with Stoner the whole way. Oh well. I like Stoner, but I don't want to see another dominating season like last year. But if he does, more power to him and his crew.

Back