Most KICK ASS Movie Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
Can be any movie where a hero of some sort, fights back and does some unprecedented ass kicking.

NOT based on the quantity of asses kicked, and points are awarded more for good story, good character development, and creativity in the ass kicking.

My fav (and yes, it is possible that there is a better one, but right now I can't think of one)....

ALIENS

A little dated, but the effects hold up, and HOLY EFFING CRAP!!!! has anything but the abyss had more suspense and twists and turns?

AWESOME AWESOME movie. Alltime classic. Invented the "OH! Just when you thought it was over!!!!" re-climax (that such Ahnold classics as TRUE LIES proceeded to try and out do, but only endd up creating movies that ended approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes after they should have) and NAILED IT!!!!

There is a minor metallica ****** factor to this vid, but despite that, this vid nails it.

[ame]http://youtu.be/thM0HsilQaM[/ame]

One of the most amazing movies I had ever seen, that pretty much no one I know has even heard of:

Last edited by a moderator:
When i think kick ass movie, I think Rambo. Followed immediately by Die Hard.

Those arguments could be made. Rambo (the first one) is simple but awesome. Die Hard is pretty damned creative for taking place in one building.

:mug:

@chumprock - Watching that one tonight! Thanks!

Old Boy. The part when he breaks out and starts kicking everyone's butt with a hammer. And it was shot in one continuos movement.

Part of me wants to laugh, but part of me thinks that there was some sort of ass kicking part.....something about a robot? Either way, it fell a bit short.

Maybe a poll is in the future.

Problem is where people have a great point, but most of us haven't seen the movie.

I will watch ALL of them.

Unleashed. My wife had me watch it and it was pretty awesome. My runner up would be red belt. The pacing is a tad slow but the fighting parts are very emotionally powerful.

Unleashed. My wife had me watch it and it was pretty awesome. My runner up would be red belt. The pacing is a tad slow but the fighting parts are very emotionally powerful.

Slow pacing is OK. Look at Jaws.

Aliens has it's share of quiet plot building parts. "Dynamics" are how music and movies are described when energetic amazing parts are contrasted by quiet slow parts. Plots or songs that are 1 dimensional (lacking dynamics) are usually not good. Even if the pace is high and inspiring, the lack of dynamic counterpoints leave you bored because they are monotonous.

Fight club!
The other guys classifies for me as pretty kickass.
The Matrix.

29 responses and no one named Howard the Duck Yet?!?

Hell, it was better than Boondock Saints!;)

Ok, Cheezy, I totally agree with you on Aliens. I mean, the age I was when I first saw that one, it was a game changer for what could even be imagined in a motion picture. One thing that I think makes that movie even more interesting is that there was a female lead character. Kind of a different dynamic than you're used to, but bad-arse-spit (stupid curse filter)
:cross:
I see your aliens and raise you Terminator 1 and 2. Probably my favorite action movies ever. The whole idea behind the books and flicks is believable and just serious blockbuster arse kicking goodness. Auhnold is the best actor playing that role, because his dialect is seriously like a robot. He is a pretty average actor btw. The later ones they came out with were ok to me because I like the early ones and am a fan, but they didn't even come close to the first 2. T1 and T2 are the best two action movies of all time....
I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any given time...

Ok, Cheezy, I totally agree with you on Aliens. I mean, the age I was when I first saw that one, it was a game changer for what could even be imagined in a motion picture. One thing that I think makes that movie even more interesting is that there was a female lead character. Kind of a different dynamic than you're used to, but bad-arse-spit (stupid curse filter)
:cross:
I see your aliens and raise you Terminator 1 and 2. Probably my favorite action movies ever. The whole idea behind the books and flicks is believable and just serious blockbuster arse kicking goodness. Auhnold is the best actor playing that role, because his dialect is seriously like a robot. He is a pretty average actor btw. The later ones they came out with were ok to me because I like the early ones and am a fan, but they didn't even come close to the first 2. T1 and T2 are the best two action movies of all time....
I reserve the right to change my mind on that at any given time...

Phew! I am with you.

Not to get OT, but after T2 the movies went straight to pot.

The aliens franchise went WAAAAAAAY too dark in 3 and waaaay too light in 4, but were both undeniably bad ass.

From dusk till dawn. Loved that movie.

Oh man. It started out strong, had a good plot, had Salma Hayeck in a non-speaking part (I'm gonna shed a tear at this point) beautiful! right?

Yes, but then it was like "who is gonna do the vampire effects?"

"What?"

"The vampire effects.....you know, make-up, special effects, blood, etc."

"what?

"........."

"Oh! Right! we forgot to budget for the vampire effects. Fake it."

:drunk:

The vampires look so effing stupid, how they transform is straight out a michael jackson "morphing" video, and the plot goes into basic survival horror non-existence.

I REALLY wanted to like it.

Under the Tuscan Sun?

Haha but I have three I'm surprised no one has mentioned.
The Bourne Identity
Transporter
The Expendables

But I also want to mention a throwback- Over The Top

Back