Most Awful Beer Ever Award

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Anderson Valley Summer Solstice. I tried this for the first time the other day. Luckily it was a club event and other folks seemed to like it, or it would have gone down the drain.
-Pumpkin beer. Any of them. All of them. Yeah, I said it.
-Steel Reserve. I'm not much for malt liquor, but that stuff tastes like rotten barley and solvent, and is little more than hangover fuel.
-St. Louis Premium Framboise. I can stomach the Lindeman's fake Lambics and enjoy them. This one was awful. Cloying imitation raspberry cough syrup.
-Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and Cranberry Lambic. Both drain pours.
-Victory Golden Monkey. People love it. I thought it tasted like rubbing alcohol.

Couldn't agree more about Summer Solstice, and I've yet to have a pumpkin beer that ranked anywhere above "meh" (and most weren't even that good). I'm surprised to see so many people saying Cherry Wheat, though! Sure, it's kinda wimpy, but man, when it's 100* and humid out, I'll drink that stuff all day.

I'm not a fan of Eel River in Northern CA, just can't get behind the stuff I have had from them.

Haven't tried most of the beers on here cept some BMC stuff because I didn't even want to spend the money... haha

These days I basically just drink my own brews.

Have to say that when at a great craft beer bar nearby for lunch today I cringed when two guys next to me ordered a Coors Light and a Mich Ultra. My pee after drinking good beer is darker and probably higher alc% than that stuff.

We can all agree Bud light Lime is gross. And BMC along with that. I tend to like some pumpkin beers. I think stuff like that is personal preference. However some stuff is universally bad ie BLL

My 5th beer. To be fair, it was a 1 gallon joke batch made using a bunch of leftover ingredients I had laying around and I used Wyeast Abbey II yeast just to be extra silly. It fermented too hot on top of everything and came out tasting like hot (11.7%) banana Runts candy. Terrible and hilarious.

Commercially, 21st Amendment "Hell or High Watermelon" probably. It sounded interesting so I bought a 6-pack to share at work. It sat in the fridge for a LONG time. No one would drink it after tasting a sip from the first can. One coworker tried a can and just poured it down the drain.

I have no problem with the Budweiser or Miller or PBR type beers. Sometimes, they're just fine and appropriate for the situation. Backyard party on a sunny day? Yep. In the bleachers at a roller derby match? Heck yes.

my recent Coopers lager kit, its been bottled for a month now and i just cant bring myself to drink it, awfull stuff, yet i still do......

We can all agree Bud light Lime is gross. And BMC along with that. I tend to like some pumpkin beers. I think stuff like that is personal preference. However some stuff is universally bad ie BLL

I actually enjoy BL lime sometimes. -_-

Back in the mid eighties there was a keg only beer called Falstaff. Not only did it taste like aluminum, just drinking 24 oz always developed into a big headache the next day. The only upside was that a poor college student could afford it at 10 cents for an 8 oz glass.

Had a pumpkin ale a few years ago from a local (vancouver) brewery. I think it is the only beer I could not finish. So artificial tasting and thick....so bad

Can't remember the name but it was a banana flavored lambic I tried at a beer festival. Couldn't even swallow one sip.

Kona Brewing Company. I blame bad transportation and storage, not the brewery.

I thought it was this

[ame]http://youtu.be/CmDhIx3fBkQ[/ame]

Then I had this

[ame]http://youtu.be/AThXe9e46H8[/ame]

Back in the mid eighties there was a keg only beer called Falstaff. Not only did it taste like aluminum, just drinking 24 oz always developed into a big headache the next day. The only upside was that a poor college student could afford it at 10 cents for an 8 oz glass.

maybe where you were. it's still made. I think my dad is the only reason they sell any. my dad used to keep it in his closet because my step brother wouldn't put any in the fridge or drink a room temp beer.

Never had the dry heaves?

Of course, but bile is in the small intestine. When you dry heave or vomit its all stomach acid and chyme.

Edit: Apparently you can throw it up after repeated vomiting. Never happened to me. My bad.

I agree with the Milwaukee's Best before mentioned... As a teen, some friends and I bought a case (cheap), and I could not even get one of them down...

Rogue Voodoo Doughnuts Bacon Maple Ale. I've only heard of a handful of people who could finish a bottle of Voodoo, and I've never heard of anybody who drank one and then intentionally bought another.

Hi,
My name is Zamial and I like the Rouge Voodoo Maple Bacon brew. I would drink a whole bottle to myself and would gladly buy every one I happen to find. No my palate is not off, I like smoked beer. I mean I REALLY like smoked beers. For what the beer is, it is not bad IMO. I think the maple syrup is what throws this beer off for most people.

The same can not be said for the peanut butter banana brew that looks just like the maple bacon but with a different background. It has been the only beer I have ever left unfinished at a bar, intentionally. This is still not the worst beer I have had.

As for the worst beer ever? I do believe I brewed it. :( I had an infected batch that I poured out and killed the lawn that was not as horrid as the beer I am referring to. I brewed up a flower infused sour stout. Sour flavors with roasted malts do not belong together and flowers make it worse.

I am not done with strange ingredients either in stouts. I am planning to brew up a European Boletes Mushroom, Persian date stout that will have some dark crystal malts and a touch of peated malt. It will either be fabulous or an epic failure.

Hi,
My name is Zamial and I like the Rouge Voodoo Maple Bacon brew. I would drink a whole bottle to myself and would gladly buy every one I happen to find. No my palate is not off, I like smoked beer. I mean I REALLY like smoked beers. For what the beer is, it is not bad IMO. I think the maple syrup is what throws this beer off for most people.

The same can not be said for the peanut butter banana brew that looks just like the maple bacon but with a different background. It has been the only beer I have ever left unfinished at a bar, intentionally. This is still not the worst beer I have had.

As for the worst beer ever? I do believe I brewed it. :( I had an infected batch that I poured out and killed the lawn that was not as horrid as the beer I am referring to. I brewed up a flower infused sour stout. Sour flavors with roasted malts do not belong together and flowers make it worse.

I am not done with strange ingredients either in stouts. I am planning to brew up a European Boletes Mushroom, Persian date stout that will have some dark crystal malts and a touch of peated malt. It will either be fabulous or an epic failure.

You sir, are unique! :mug:

There's no competition- the worst beer ever intentionally made is National Bohemian.

Close runners up- anything by Leinenkugel's and Victory Golden Monkey.

Hands down, an abortion of a beer called (no, I'm not making this up) "Beer:30" by a sadistic company called Melanie Brewing in Wisconsin. Apparently they use grey waste water to brew with, because this stuff is so bad that I couldn't stomach choking down more than a sip. It tastes like someone found a budweiser in a desert, dug it up, and poured some rubbing alcohol in it. Offensive in every way. It's got an average score of 1.22 on BA which I think is generous.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1422/47924

ivegot2legs said:
There's no competition- the worst beer ever intentionally made is National Bohemian.

Close runners up- anything by Leinenkugel's and Victory Golden Monkey.

O come on man... Natty Boh was my cheap beer of choice back in the day. It at least has some flavor, more so than bud light and such.

When I was in college I lived in a house with three other guys. My brother-in-law was homebrewing at the time and bought a case of Wisconsin Club because it was cheap and he needed the bottles in a hurry. He brought it by the house and said he needed the bottles the next day. Four college guys poured 20 bottles of that crap down the drain.

Not far behind is Pumking. Pumpkin beer is so popular with homebrewers so I thought I'd see what is all about. I obviously don't get it, I poured that one out too.

As a big fan of stouts, I like to try as many different examples as I can find. I intended to put a can of Lion Stout in a 6 pack mix-n-match and accidentally ended up with Lion Imperial. I don't know what that s**t is, but it tastes like Old English 800 mixed with concentrated urine.

Hands down, an abortion of a beer called (no, I'm not making this up) "Beer:30" by a sadistic company called Melanie Brewing in Wisconsin. Apparently they use grey waste water to brew with, because this stuff is so bad that I couldn't stomach choking down more than a sip. It tastes like someone found a budweiser in a desert, dug it up, and poured some rubbing alcohol in it. Offensive in every way. It's got an average score of 1.22 on BA which I think is generous.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1422/47924

Man we used to buy this for $3 a 12er at the local grocery outlet. It's definitely on par with its fellow shelfmate Gameday (7-11 funded beer)

Magic Hat #9. I was really excited to try it after my friend raved about it, so I bought a sixer recently. I choked down one and gave the rest to him. I did not like it at all, just tasted weird. I'd rather drink BLL.

When I was in Russia I had a smoked salmon beer that was a big hit over there. I got one took a sip and lost it right there at the bar. I had to pay to have it cleaned up. That was the most rotten thing I could have ever done. And the sad part is was in the bottle a small sliver of smoked salmon that everyone would drink the beer then eat the salmon.

Back