Mosiac Pale Ale, what do you think?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullhawk

Reaction score
I love the flavor of mosaic hops and thought I would make a mosaic pale ale, this is only my second attempt at building a recipe. Any thoughts on the recipe below? No hops at 60 minutes is new to me as well.

1. 8 lbs. 2-row (Golden Promise)
2. 2 lbs. munich
3. .5 lbs. carapils
4. .75 lbs. crystal 10L
Hop Schedule
@ 15 1 oz. mosaic
@ 10 1 oz. mosaic
@ 5 1 oz. mosaic
@ 0 1 oz. mosaic
dry hop 2 oz. mosiac

Looks good to me.

I rarely skip a 60m addition personally. You could take your 5 and 0 additions and combine them for a hop stand at 180° for 15-30 minutes and you may see more aroma which I feel directly affects the perception of mosaics berry fruit notes.

I think it looks good. With the boil and FO additions only, your IBUs will highly dependent on how long it takes to chill to 180.

I used to be a proponent of 60 minute and sub 180 WP hops only during the hot side, but I've since decided the late boil and/or FO additions add something you don't get otherwise. This looks like a tasty beer.

I think it looks tasty but I wonder why so many different malts? I love mosaic too and just wondered. I read an article recently that said to keep the specialty malts under 2 lbs. what are you mashing at? And what is your target SG/ FG?

Back