MoreBeer poor experience, refusing fair but critical review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealthfixr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was an early adopter for a recently released MoreBeer product (a glycol chiller) and has a lot of problems, along with others, early on. The incorrect instructions were posted to their website (the controllers did not match the ones shipped with the unit), I had some leaks and function issues as a result, and the MoreBeer customer service was apathetic when I tried to pass on the honest feedback. The feedback was ignored by one customer service representative, who kept dismissively directing me to the incorrect instructions on their website; they did not even know the configuration of the product they shipped to me and did not listen when I tried to help!

After weeks of inaction by MoreBeer, I wrote a 3-star review on their product website. It has not been posted after 3 months and the website will not let me write/submit another one. And, I noticed 4+ star ratings overall and few if any criticisms posted.

Seems that if a company gives the appearance of allowing customer reviews, they should not chose which to be posted if based on fair, honest feedback. They should not bias the perspective of a product to encourage us to buy flawed products without all the facts. They lost me as a customer after I spent a crazy amount with them over the last year. That's okay, my local brew shop needs my $$$'s more and has way better service.

Maybe it is not surprising that a company stacks the reviews in the direction they want them to go, since people use those reviews in making buying decisions. Maybe we should not, and perhaps others have had similar MoreBeer problems like this. Anyone else?

First, Facebook. Then, Twitter. Now, Morebeer! They just can't let the truth be heard, can they?😉

I haven't tried posting a negative review, however I did call them a few days ago after receiving an incorrect item I ordered. The customer support team member had the correct item on it's way that evening after a less than 5min phone call.

This is, in my experience, very, very strange for MoreBeer. I posted a negative review of a malt mill they sell. Next morning I have an email in my inbox. I call to discuss the problem. Even though I've had the malt mill close to 2 years MoreBeer gives me a total refund for the mill in a store credit. Wow! IMHO, MoreBeer customer service is A+

Over 7 days waiting on a response to a problem with more beer. Got email response with a ticket number and now its been 7 days of nothing. It is not a one off experience.

Lousy company, lousy service. After my experience of buying a Komos Kegerator from them, and having it die two months out of warranty, I'll never purchase from them again. They showed zero concern for my situation, and the timeliness of their responses was a joke. They also removed my negative comments about my experience from their site. That is the lowest of the low.

Anyone considering ordering anything from them would do well to consider this...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/komos-kegerator-bites-the-dust-at-14-months.696568/

Latest posts

Back