morebeer deals?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conodor

Reaction score
I've had $40 in gift certificates for over 4 months now. i still can't find anything i need that is at a good price on there.

I check every day and their "blow out deals" has been the same 6 items for a few months. and those prices aren't that good. 64oz growler for $5 my LBHS sells them for $3.

The daily deal is typically is a $8 item for $5 or so then you add shipping and it's not a very good deal.

Maybe i'm getting to the point where i don't need many items besides the larger items. but man 4 months... i got a $50 to Williams brewing and used that the first day.

Am i missing something on their site? or is my LHBS just giving out good deals. because i can't anything cheaper to buy there.

thanks.

I've had $40 in gift certificates for over 4 months now. i still can't find anything i need that is at a good price on there.

I check every day and their "blow out deals" has been the same 6 items for a few months. and those prices aren't that good. 64oz growler for $5 my LBHS sells them for $3.

The daily deal is typically is a $8 item for $5 or so then you add shipping and it's not a very good deal.

Maybe i'm getting to the point where i don't need many items besides the larger items. but man 4 months... i got a $50 to Williams brewing and used that the first day.

Am i missing something on their site? or is my LHBS just giving out good deals. because i can't anything cheaper to buy there.

thanks.

Look at the employee of the month deal things. I got 10 kegs for $22.95 each last month. If your LHBS sells kegs cheaper, congratulations.

They have an inline thermometer, 2L flask, hops, pro-mash and some other stuff this month.

Also some of the deals of the day are really good, but they go fast.

thanks didn't see those deals. didn't need any of those but at least it's a new place i can look for deals.

i'm not bashing the site, i hope i don't come off that way. I just can't find anything to us this $40 burning a hole in my wallet!

I admit our blowout section is a little blown out - I did add some of that stuff last month, like the growlers, and I do have time set aside to look at it again today. But for the most part that section is for overstock items that we just have too much of. The better deals are the monthly ones and the Deal of the Day. At least I hope they are. Sometimes I throw kits up there for $10 off. So I'd love to think you just have all the small stuff you need and are just waiting for great deals on larger items :0)

Anything you are looking for in particular?

Whenever I get on to look at the deal of the day, you guys are sold out. There isn't much I need now, but sometimes I look just to see if there is anything I might impulse buy.

What time do you normally post the deal of the day? I might have a better chance of hitting it if I can see it before it's gone.

I've seen them put up a conical fermenter for the daily deal a few weeks ago :)

MoreBeer is my LHBS, which is fortunate, because I've noticed a huge amount of the items I'm looking for seem to be out of stock on the website. Luckily they have them in store. Plus their store is around the corner from a brewery :mug:

I admit our blowout section is a little blown out - I did add some of that stuff last month, like the growlers, and I do have time set aside to look at it again today. But for the most part that section is for overstock items that we just have too much of. The better deals are the monthly ones and the Deal of the Day. At least I hope they are. Sometimes I throw kits up there for $10 off. So I'd love to think you just have all the small stuff you need and are just waiting for great deals on larger items :0)

Anything you are looking for in particular?

I need a two faucet jockey box...

Whenever I get on to look at the deal of the day, you guys are sold out. There isn't much I need now, but sometimes I look just to see if there is anything I might impulse buy.

What time do you normally post the deal of the day? I might have a better chance of hitting it if I can see it before it's gone.

MOST of the time the deal gets posted at 12Am Pac Coast Time (or Hop Coast, as I like to call it). But sometimes I forget to load the thing and it won't post until like 7 or 8 AM.

Well if there is something out there you like, let me know - I may just put it there for DoD.

"Well if there is something out there you like, let me know - I may just put it there for DoD."

I could use about 6 Perlicks...

Montanaandy

Well if there is something out there you like, let me know - I may just put it there for DoD.

Thanks for the reply, yes i think the problem is i have got most of the small items out of the way, now i need to make the jump to 10 gallon and things like that.

I was missing the monthly deals, i will keep a eye on there. my next purchase will probably be a Beer gun, but you guys don't carry them. Or a grain mill.

MoreBeer is my LHBS, which is fortunate, because I've noticed a huge amount of the items I'm looking for seem to be out of stock on the website. Luckily they have them in store. Plus their store is around the corner from a brewery :mug:

Lucky! The Los Altos location is my LHBS, and they are typically out of stuff, usually at least one item I need to pick up that day.

Thanks for the reply, yes i think the problem is i have got most of the small items out of the way, now i need to make the jump to 10 gallon and things like that.

I was missing the monthly deals, i will keep a eye on there. my next purchase will probably be a Beer gun, but you guys don't carry them. Or a grain mill.

Yeah we'd love to sell those guns. There is a Corona mill on DoD now, if that's what you are looking for.

Back