Morebeer Consecration kit...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikek

Reaction score
I posted a week or two ago regarding this kit and the different yeast and bug additions. I was pretty comfortable with the advice I got and to ensure sour production, my intention was to pitch BOTH the Abbey ale yeast and Roe blend into primary, allow to have an extended fermentation with addition of currants etc.. and then rack to secondary for 9-12 months before pitching bottling yeast and bottling.

My issue is I found an older thread regarding this kit and most of the recommendations were not even close to that...

Wondering if someone can give me a very clear picture of when to add what?

Would I be better off pitching Abbey ale yeast and plain Brett into primary and then once thru primary, rack to secondary, add currants and allow to sit for couple months...THEN add the other bugs needed and let her go for the year? Just struggling to decide the approach to this. Reading that adding the Roe early will affect the Brett effect as the PH will drop quickly and render it less effective due to the other bugs in the blend...

OVER THINKING??? Advice please...To much money to spend on a kit and blow it...

Latest posts

Back