morebeer.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skunkyhops

Reaction score
Just ordered ingredients for my next brew at morebeer.com. This is my first time buying off the internet so im pretty stoked. I usually go to my LHBS but his prices for hops are kinda spendy (3.00 an oz.) and i usually end up paying 40-50 bucks for all the ingredients i need for a brew. After checking out prices online i decided to go ahead and give it a shot. Only setback is the choices of hops obviously have been dwindled down at these online stores where as at my LHBS they have a huge selection of hops varieties oh well i still managed. heres what i got for 60 bucks...

1 lb. caravienne malt
1 lb. black roasted barley
1 lb. chocolate malt
3 lb. dark DME
6 lb. light liquid extract
4 oz. Cascade (whole leaf)
4 oz. Galena (pellets)
4 oz. Santiam (pellets)
12 oz. lactose
10 ft. 3/8 tubing

I know to you more expirienced brewers 12 oz. of hops isnt much but im used to getting like 2 or 3 ounces at a time so thinking of having 12 oz. on hand makes me wanna rock out:rockin: Anyway i still have a couple things to grab at the grocery store like cocoa powder and molasses im making a variation of TUCK's Chocolate Espresso Stout, I cant wait to get started!

I buy from morebeer quite a bit. I've always thought their service is great and the free shipping on orders over $59 is great too. AHS is also very good. Don't limit yourself to one place especially with the hop situation, I've found different retailers will have different inventories

Back