Morebeer AE quality?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I finally got some tax return $$,& decided to order a couple AE kits just to get some pipeline fillers going without mashing,etc all day long. Midwest got error codes trying to use Paypal,& since many of you had info ripped off from Midwest in the past,my spidey sense was tingling. Guy on the phone said it was odd for it to do that. Did the same thing with either Google Chrome or IE9.
So I went to Morebeer & looked them over. Prices were decent & from past threads you guys seemed to like them. Shipping was free too! So I ordered the Irish red ale & ESB AE kits with S-04 dry yeast. Haven't fiddled with that one yet. English style dry yeast sounded interesting. Will re-hydrate both.
This said,I was wondering what experiences any of you have had with the ESB & Irish red? They both should go well with pit BBQ...:ban::mug:

Can't comment on those kits specifically, but I've used a lot of that "Ultralight" malt extract from Morebeer, and I have found it to be of consistent color, flavor and quality, and I find that the points it contributes consistently attenuate at 70% +/- 2% AA (at least with all the dry yeasts I've used it with: S-04, US-05, Notty, BRY-97).

I have spent a lot of time at the MoreBeer store in Concord and everything I have ever bought from them has been high quality. The people in there are friendly and knowledgeable and they work with craft brewers on their special clone recipes. Anything from them is worth a try.

I buy almost all of my supplies from MB - Riverside and find their quality to be top notch. I stopped using their kits a while ago (bought a mill and started designing my own beers), but they were very consistent over the course of year I did partial mash and extract kits.

All good answers so far. Consistent quality especially. This is my 1st time ordering from them after saving the link a year or two ago. I've gotten pretty good at pb/pm biab,but that's an all day job. I'm hoping to gather enough gallon jugs to go with my 6 gallon BB to get the spring water home. That way,maybe I can squeeze off a double brew day next week Saturday. That's when they're supposed to be here from Cali. Then Memorial day weekend will be full of fresh beer & pit BBQ!
I have my own grain mill & everything to do biab easily. It just takes so long is the thing sometimes. Especially since my middle son works 6 days a friggin' week. Since I usually start brewing early in the morning,maybe I can knock out a batch before taking him to work? Then another one after.

Back