More proof that PETA is completely insane

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I just saw that too. I think those retards get simple too many donations to have time to deal with crap like this.

I didn't even know that they were still around ! The Pet Shop Boys, not PETA. Although I DO wish PETA would just go away.

You think thats insane you should see the requirements they list for their jobs. The swmbo is in non-profit and there wasn't much hiring up here at first except PETA so she looked at the application and realized she couldn't even apply. Some of their requirements were that you adhere to a strict vegan diet, and did not wear fur, leather, or other products from animals. Those are actually on the applications.

[ame=http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/221975/march-17-2009/world-of-nahlej---shmeat]World of Nahlej - Shmeat | March 17th | ColbertNation.com[/ame]

A funny video Colbert did on Schmeat where he interviews Peta's president.

PETA...they are the idiots that want to call fish 'sea kittens'....:confused:

No, they are the humanitarian awareness group that wants to respect animals and their rights and end cruelty to animals (Even the ugly ones) ........Then they, er, yes....Kinda want to call fish "Sea kittens"

We can ALL lose the plot eventually! :)

I like to call beer "Pre-piss Ambrosia" .... just to get the godly people on my side. :)

If I wanted to see attractive naked chicks with attitudes, that are going to dis-agree with everything that I do, I would've stayed married ! :D

Huge difference between checking them out on the street and dealing with their BS! Oh, and here are some of the pics I was able to google quickly...

tiger_naked.JPG

nkd_truth.jpg
Atlanta%20IPE%20demo-%203.JPG

They hire models for their add campaigns...as most PETA people are militant femanists dykes...and butt ugly...

It is sad to me.... seriously. I think an organization like PETA needs to exist but...

Let me restate... not "LIKE" PETA - because they are retarded -, but rather an organization that advocates for the ethical treatment of animals! duh! that is their name, but they are way to shock-media oriented and all they end up accomplishing is to ostrisize and anger the general public.

I am all for reducing animals in pet shops (i.e. breeder factories that treat animals very poorly and care not who buys them) when I buy pets I am getting them from local, reputable breeders, that actually care who I am and if I am not showing the right household and commitment to the animal, they willl not sell it to me.

I am also for making sure that farm animals are happy, maybe its just me, but I dont like it if the animals are tortured before harvest. If they have room to be, are killed fast and humainly... then this is good.

Stupid publicity like this asking them to change name to Rescue Shelter Boys is a stunt, and makes me hate them more... good job PETA!

p.s. I eat steak, burgers, chicken (yes even KFC), etc etc etc. every DAY and I love it. and I will not stop. :) Just, y'know, nothin wrong with hoping them animals weren't cut open while still alive, right?

p.s.s. this article makes me spit cereal milk out my nose. :D
For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

It is sad to me.... seriously. I think an organization like PETA needs to exist but...

Let me restate... not "LIKE" PETA - because they are retarded -, but rather an organization that advocates for the ethical treatment of animals! duh! that is their name, but they are way to shock-media oriented and all they end up accomplishing is to ostrisize and anger the general public. [/url]

There is such an organization - its called the ASPCA - it just doesn't get the publicity that PETA does because it doesn't pull stupid stunts like this and spends its time/money actually taking care of the animals.

You think thats insane you should see the requirements they list for their jobs. The swmbo is in non-profit and there wasn't much hiring up here at first except PETA so she looked at the application and realized she couldn't even apply. Some of their requirements were that you adhere to a strict vegan diet, and did not wear fur, leather, or other products from animals. Those are actually on the applications.

well obviously if they stand for not using animals for food and clothing, then how could you whore yourself out and work for them unless you believed those things also? of course it is on the application....

There is such an organization - its called the ASPCA - it just doesn't get the publicity that PETA does because it doesn't pull stupid stunts like this and spends its time/money actually taking care of the animals.

ASPCA has nothing to do with farming (as far as I know? maybe I am wrong...)

anyway,
hate PETA
Like Meat!

ASPCA has nothing to do with farming (as far as I know? maybe I am wrong...)

anyway,
hate PETA
Like Meat!

ASPCA will check up on horses and cattle. Saw a lot of that on Animal Planets Animal Cops: Houston. They would confiscate so called "pets" that weren't cared for properly. I would imagine they would investigate farming practices if it was reported.

Let me restate... not "LIKE" PETA - because they are retarded -, but rather an organization that advocates for the ethical treatment of animals! duh! that is their name, but they are way to shock-media oriented and all they end up accomplishing is to ostrisize and anger the general public.

I am all for reducing animals in pet shops (i.e. breeder factories that treat animals very poorly and care not who buys them) when I buy pets I am getting them from local, reputable breeders, that actually care who I am and if I am not showing the right household and commitment to the animal, they willl not sell it to me.

I am also for making sure that farm animals are happy, maybe its just me, but I dont like it if the animals are tortured before harvest. If they have room to be, are killed fast and humainly... then this is good.

Stupid publicity like this asking them to change name to Rescue Shelter Boys is a stunt, and makes me hate them more... good job PETA!

p.s. I eat steak, burgers, chicken (yes even KFC), etc etc etc. every DAY and I love it. and I will not stop. :) Just, y'know, nothin wrong with hoping them animals weren't cut open while still alive, right?

p.s.s. this article makes me spit cereal milk out my nose. :D
For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Well, I doubt any farmers "torture" their animals before they kill them but some methods of killing them may be more painful to the animal than others. But from what I am seeing on TV/news they are moving away from that whenever possible. Keep in mind if it costs them more to do it painlessly that cost will be passed on to you. Either way it is not a pretty thing and we just need to accept that if we want to continue to eat meat.

Well, I doubt any farmers "torture" their animals before they kill them but some methods of killing them may be more painful to the animal than others. But from what I am seeing on TV/news they are moving away from that whenever possible. Keep in mind if it costs them more to do it painlessly that cost will be passed on to you. Either way it is not a pretty thing and we just need to accept that if we want to continue to eat meat.

Just realized you also mean how they are kept, but that too will raise the cost to the consumer.

It's not more expensive to kill painlessly, at least not by much. Most pig farms now (at least the ones I've been to) use the simple method of shooting the pig in the head with a .22 (which doesn't kill them, because pigs have thick skulls, but knocks them out instantly) and then slit the throat. Ever priced .22 ammo? Yeah, it's cheaper than dirt.

For cows, they use a pneumatic device that shoots a small rod into the head, killing them instantly. Ever seen No Country For Old Men? Yeah, that thing's real.

It's not more expensive to kill painlessly, at least not by much. Most pig farms now (at least the ones I've been to) use the simple method of shooting the pig in the head with a .22 (which doesn't kill them, because pigs have thick skulls, but knocks them out instantly) and then slit the throat. Ever priced .22 ammo? Yeah, it's cheaper than dirt.

For cows, they use a pneumatic device that shoots a small rod into the head, killing them instantly. Ever seen No Country For Old Men? Yeah, that thing's real.

I was assuming they would think being shot in the head not a pleasant way to die. I was assuming they wanted something more like drugging or gassing and being petted while they fell asleep. :D

Latest posts

Back