more members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

Reaction score
I'm not a forum junky but this site seems pretty active to me

Rhoobarb

Reaction score
Wow. So much has changed since then. I joined in Jan., 2005 and a lot has changed in four years.

Yesterday I pulled up behind a jeep w/ a license plate that read JANX. It made me wonder whatever happened to members like Janx, El Pistolero, DeRoux's Broux, and others that were here and active back then, but seem to have gone.

:off:Hey, my number of posts is the same backwards as forwards!:D

conpewter

Reaction score
Wow. So much has changed since then. I joined in Jan., 2005 and a lot has changed in four years.

Yesterday I pulled up behind a jeep w/ a license plate that read JANX. It made me wonder whatever happened to members like Janx, El Pistolero, DeRoux's Broux, and others that were here and active back then, but seem to have gone.

Well a community like this is great, but since it is tied to a hobby people will tend to move in and out of it. There are lots of people that stick with a hobby for their whole life, but there are also a lot that will do it for a couple years and then they either get tired of it, or their situation changes and they never get back to it.

In the past year there have been a lot of people that life has separted me from. Friends that I used to see every day I now see less than once a month etc. Sad but I suppose all life's opportunities involve giving something up.

conpewter

Reaction score
You are a sneaky one. What else did I expect from a guy with a V avatar?

Well played, sir. Well played.

Thank you!

I'd like to thank all the little people that helped me get where I am today *cries* Especially the national midget society and of course the kebler elves. Thank you!

BierMuncher

...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
No question this site is responsible for many more homebrewers and the products they make, than just about any other single entity.

Threads: 97,784
Members: 31,805

Most users ever online was 1,374, 04-11-2008 at 08:14 PM

I know this place has kept me dabbling in homebrewing.

llazy_llama

Reaction score
No question this site is responsible for many more homebrewers and the products they make, than just about any other single entity.

Mr Beer taught me that it was possible to make beer at home with very little equipment.

HBT taught me it was possible to make good beer at home with very little equipment, assuming I could forget everything Mr Beer tried to teach me.

Reaction score
Indeed.

I just moved to Atlanta leaving everything but my girlfriend
behind 700 miles away. Already, though, what's gone is
being replaced by what's new.

Change is certainly something to reflect on.

trailbrewery

Reaction score
I'm a newer member and I came across this thread and just wanted to say thanks to all the people who put it together lots of good info .

iaefebs

Banned
Reaction score

Update

Threads: 350,062
Members: 129,369

Most users ever online was 6,416, 06-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.

unionrdr

Homebrewer, author & air gun collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've only been here since January '11,& I've got over 12,400 posts. See what y'all did to me?! I spend so much of my retirement time here,probetalk.com hardly sees me anymore. Should poke my head in in,I guess. Interesting week. Hurrican Sandy pushing noreaster with counter rotation from east coast to Cleveland area all at once. Power shut off in wee hours last night,I couldn't get internet on & fully functional til past 9:45am. Car won't start with all the wind driven rain. Outta beer & smokes....at least I can finally come back in here.:mug: