More hops = bottle quicker?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

signpost

Reaction score
So, the general wisdom I've gained from reading a ton on this forum and others (and brewing 4 batches, so far) is that patience is key. The only time I've noticed people suggest bottling quickly is with IPAs (and of course Wheats).

Here's my question: What is the threshold beyond which the hop character starts to dissipate?

I've got my first slightly hop-heavy batch in primary (almost a week so far) and I will be adding dry hops about a week before bottling. But I've got 2 other batches I need to bottle first. And 'emptying bottles' (err... drinking beer) for use in bottling my own brews seems to be taking longer than I would've thought (first world problem, I know).

So, ... Any thoughts?

you can let it sit in primary for as long as you need to, just wait to dry hop until your schedule allows you to bottle it afterwards. In the end it's not really going to make a huge difference any way you cut it.

Back