More Durable Auto-Siphon??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendelgee2

Reaction score
I love my auto-siphon, but the thin plastic seems to get tiny cracks after only a couple uses...and eventually the cracks get big enough to allow it to leak (and allow it to harbor bugs, I'd imagine).

Anybody seen an auto-siphon made of more durable materials?

They can be built but the labor and material you can buy a few plastic ones.

Made this one out of 1 inch ss tubing and 3/8 tubing the piston and check valves are a bear

MVC-733S-1.jpg

MVC-734S-1.jpg

God Bless
Dominus Vobiscum
Swagman:cool:

I'm not a kegger, and I'm not about to blow into my beer (as I've heard some do with that system)

I might try FlyGuy's simple T-siphon described here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/flyguys-t-siphon-3-replacement-autosiphon-25774/

Naww, you don't blow into it. Use CO2 to push the beer. I've been using one this way for quite sometime with great results. I made a racking cane from some 3/8" OD soft copper tubing. A 1/8" barv X 1/4" NPT and a 1/4" NPT X 1/4" f;are fitting to hook up the gas is all you need. Works great and I will never go back to any other method. It's also makes for a very gentle transfer with practically no disruption of the yeast and trub. Try it, you'll love it, guaranteed. If you don't have a CO2 tank, you can use the keg charger thingy with the small CO2 cartridges. It only requires about 1-2 psi to move the beer.

Back