More Carbonation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruser76

Reaction score
Is there a tip/trick to get more carbonation in my bottles? I currently have a Pumpkin Ale in fermentation and the last 2 batches I've bottled (1 ale, 1 blonde), the carbonation has been a little less than what I like.
Any help would be great, thanks!

Kruser76 said:
Is there a tip/trick to get more carbonation in my bottles? I currently have a Pumpkin Ale in fermentation and the last 2 batches I've bottled (1 ale, 1 blonde), the carbonation has been a little less than what I like.
Any help would be great, thanks!

How long has it been in the bottles and how much priming sugar did you use?

Ceteris paribus, use more sugar.

~1oz table sugar per gallon of beer is a good baseline.

I use the pack that comes with my kit. Not sure what type of sugar it is exactly, what kind of sugar can I use to add additional?

most common is dextrose (very fine white powder corn sugar) which probably came with your kit, next is simple table sugar. Pretty much you can use anything with fermentable sugar i.e. honey, syrup, molasses, brown sugar, make syrup, etc.. But yeah the first two are your most common.

Back