More Beer Deal of the Day.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnakeAnthony6375

Reaction score
So, I've been checking the More Beer Deal of the Day pretty regularly for the past couple of weeks and often see that it says it's finished for the day. Is that because the deal is so good?? Am I missing out on some great stuff because 9am is too late for the hot deals? If so....I think I need to get up a bit earlier!

Where are you located? The deal goes up at midnight PST I believe. I'm EST. Depending on the deal, its usually snatched up when I wake up in the morning.

Yeah - I'm in Syracuse, NY. So I run into the same thing you are.

Hey - I see in your signature that you have the Good Eats beer bottled. I watched that show as well and was amazed at the way he brewed that beer. There was quite a bit of incorrect information in there as well. How is his version next to the control??

I thought they posted it at midnight EST. But since they're in California I guess PST makes sense. I've seen the deal up at 9pm PST sometimes.
They only make a limited quantity available, so some deals probably go in a few hours.
I think it's only worth getting if it's something you were planning to get anyway. Otherwise you'll end up buying things you don't really need.
The deals on ingredients don't seem as good as the deals on hardware. For example, last night I saw the deal was an all-grain wheat kit or something, for like $27 instead of normal $34.

familiar with the site but not to the point where i know what you guys are talking about. what kind of deals are you talkin bout?

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think there is actually one posted daily. When the deal is done, it usually gets grayed out, with a notice over it, but you can still see the deal in the background, or at least in the source code. Can't get it anymore, but it's there.

There are some days, however, when there is absolutely nothing in the source code, and while I could be wrong, I think they just didn't put up a deal that day.

I still check pretty regularly, but I've never seen a morebeer deal of the day and instantly think, "OMG what a deal! I need that!"

Instead, it's always slightly better prices on something that I can either get cheaper elsewhere despite the discount, or just don't need at all.

Gotta thank you for posting about this. I just got a 50' half inch copper IC for 75% of the usual price.

I've been meaning to replace my 25' chiller for awhile now and the timing on this was perfect.

I could be completely wrong, but I don't think there is actually one posted daily. When the deal is done, it usually gets grayed out, with a notice over it, but you can still see the deal in the background, or at least in the source code. Can't get it anymore, but it's there.

There are some days, however, when there is absolutely nothing in the source code, and while I could be wrong, I think they just didn't put up a deal that day.

Correct. The way my iPhone loads stuff I can still see the price and part of the picture when I check in the morning. Sometimes they don't get them up till mid afternoon, just gotta keep checking.

There's usually good stuff on there. $10 of an AG kit. Got a 2L Erlenmeyer for like nine bones once, too.

Back