more apple flavor?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
got a batch of cider (exactly like ed worts apfelwine with out the extra 2 pounds of sugar) in the primary, been there for 3 weeks. tasted it this week and it's good but very dry, as expected.

How can i add back some apple flavor, nothing huge, just a little more apple bite to it?

I was planning on using frozen concentrate to prime before bottling. Will this effectively add an apple flavor? Maybe even add a can of concentrate in the primary and wait a while before bottling and priming with another can?

any advice is appreciated. thanks

You can add the concentrate or even cut it with more apple juice if you wish, but you will need to stop the fermentation by adding something like wine conditioner or just some potassium sorbate to neutralize the yeast. If you add more fermentable sugars, the yeast will keep right on trucking...

if you want to drink it still i use half of a can of 16oz concentrate per gallon then stick it in the fridge

Latest posts

Back