Mold rant

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullDraw

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Went to my LHBS Saturday in a rush to load up on supplies. Got there 10 minutes before closing. Picked out everything I needed including a 33 pound growler of wheat malt.

Great trip, nice conversation with the owner, good advice, blah, blah.

Yesterday, after rolling pinning 2 pounds of grain ( i need a grain mill), time to measure out the malt. Well some dip broke the seal with his finger a ways back and put the lid back on. I don't know if it was a returned item or what, but the nearly full layer of mold on top pissed me off. When you drop over a 100 bucks for supplies, I expect them to be in A+ condition.

I was pissed, but all that grain rolling had me tired, so I let the hour boil kill anything, then topped the container off with a shot of vodka (shoulda had one myself). I left him a cordial message so that we can discuss the issue further, but man, that made me mad.

I hope you took pictures! I would of not even used it myself, but SHOULD be alright.... I think... :mug:

Man, how did I ever miss this thread? What ever came of this? I am actually surprised you initially had a "nice conversation with the owner, good advice, blah, blah." actually!

I did run in there last week though and picked up a few grains and some yeast for this weekends mega brewfest. It was fast and painless thankfully.

Back