Modem Tones first anniversary party

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me either. Their beer is excellent. Blazing World/10.

Excellent for the price point and as trade extras? Sure, I can agree with that (although Pizza Port cans are right there too). Excellent in an objective sense? I don't think they're there yet (not that it matters since I doubt anyone here is their target consumer anyways).

I'm just glad I'm not on their mailing list and have to read about how "rad" all of their beers are. Thank God I wasn't cool enough to know about their Kickstarter campaign way back when.

Did anyone go to the North Park shindig yesterday? How were the sours?

Reviews of the sours on the other site seem pretty positive.

Bottled sours in September/October according to Jacob!
Thanks so much to everyone saying such positive things on this thread. It's really, really satisfying to put so much work into something like this and have people come away happy. Our entire crew worked very hard to get everything together, and we're all super thrilled with how it went. Couldn't ask for a better way to celebrate our first year.

I'm going order another small run of the 13.5oz anniversary glasses; enough people asked about it that I feel like it's the right thing to do. We'll be getting more of the tulips at some point, but it's hard to say exactly when or how many. We sold WAY more coffee bags than we anticipated, so we're going to take stock of things this week and figure out how to get tasting room/online sales up and running quickly. Kegs of the leftovers will go on at both tasting rooms in ones and twos until they run out, starting later this week (although the cask is still on at the Flavordome).

I'll have an announcement on future bottles releases (including Monsters' Park and variations) soon. Sours should start to be released in September/October, with several follow-up releases as the fruited versions are ready. Phalanx draft is going up to our distributor tomorrow, and bottles will hit shelves the first week of August.

Thanks again to everyone who came and made this event such a deeply fulfilling success!

Cheers & thanks,
Jacob McKean
Modern Times Beer

I run very hot and cold on these guys. I love Blazing World, I like Forbidden Island, and I really dislike Lomaland Saison and Black House (especially Lomaland -- tastes like the saison you would brew if you read the BJCP guidelines or wanted an inferior Dupont for more money). Lomaland wild with brett was also bad. But I'm pretty sure I would love Oneida and Monsters' Park.

Anyway, they should rebrand as Modem Tones.

I run very hot and cold on these guys. I love Blazing World, I like Forbidden Island, and I really dislike Lomaland Saison and Black House (especially Lomaland -- tastes like the saison you would brew if you read the BJCP guidelines or wanted an inferior Dupont for more money). Lomaland wild with brett was also bad. But I'm pretty sure I would love Oneida and Monsters' Park.

Anyway, they should rebrand as Modem Tones.

liked for suggestion of rebrand name

I like all the people at Modern Times, Jacob, Derek, Nate. I like Fortunate Islands and I enjoyed Onedia, but the rest are ok and they don't inspire me to deal with driving into that nightmare. Haven't been to the FlavorBox in NP yet and it's not high on my tick list.

But the marketing is so over the top I want to punch out my eyeballs when reading twitter or their emails. It's like Stone, but worse.

I still can't believe MT and Stones haven't had a love child yet.

I like Fortunate Islands and I enjoyed Onedia, but the rest are ok and they don't inspire me to deal with driving into that nightmare. Haven't been to the FlavorBox in NP yet and it's not high on my tick list.

But the marketing is so over the top I want to punch out my eyeballs when reading twitter or their emails. It's like Stone, but worse.

You are me?

Don't you only drink Forbidden Island?
Fortunate Islands, yes.
I love that beer! But ill never know any of the details of their special releases/parties/news etc. because I cant make it through one of their press releases!

Fortunate Islands, yes.
I love that beer! But ill never know any of the details of their special releases/parties/news etc. because I cant make it through one of their press releases!
In case it came off wrong, I wasn't judging. I'm down to shotgun some Fortunate Island with you.

But seriously, that's pretty much all you drink.

Have+you+ever+seen+Trailer+Park+Boys+_a831db359b54ce1d3ff37918e4acdbf8.jpg

I like all the people at Modern Times, Jacob, Derek, Nate. I like Fortunate Islands and I enjoyed Onedia, but the rest are ok and they don't inspire me to deal with driving into that nightmare. Haven't been to the FlavorBox in NP yet and it's not high on my tick list.

I still can't believe MT and Stones haven't had a love child yet.

Well, Jacob did come from Stone so that's probably not a coincidence about the marketing. Could be a driving reason for him not to do a collaboration too as he builds an independent brand.

This is true. I just get a lot of white noise when I look into MT. To each their own. I hope they do well, just not high on my list of places and beers to keep track of. And holy crap...there are a Ton if breweries to watch...in addition to home brewing.

This is true. I just get a lot of white noise when I look into MT. To each their own. I hope they do well, just not high on my list of places and beers to keep track of. And holy crap...there are a Ton if breweries to watch...in addition to home brewing.

Fortunate Islands is a great session beer, IMHO. Not a big fan of the Black House in and of itself, but on nitro it is really good.

Latest posts

Back