Moca Cappuccino Stout lactose addition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don_T

Reaction score
I have a chocolate stout that has finished fermenting. I now plan to add cold brew coffee and lactose to it when I keg the beer. The plan is to make a gallon of cold brew coffee and then take that and reduce it to less than a quart in a sauce pan and then dissolve the lactose in that. Has anyone tried something like this? I know hot brew coffee can extract tannins from the beans so cold brew coffee as an addition seems to be a better choice from what I have read. Just want to make sure that concentrating the coffee will pose no problems.

did you acyually go through with this method? it sounds to me like a good way to avoid boiling the coffee grounds, but i wonder if there are any volatiles in the cold brewed coffee that will be lost. give us an update if you have a minute. thanks

The stout base is still sitting in a holding tank. I haven't had the time to brew the coffee yet. I'll post when it's finished and let you know how it turns out.

The stout base is still sitting in a holding tank. I haven't had the time to brew the coffee yet. I'll post when it's finished and let you know how it turns out.

Any Updates how it turned out? I'm brewing one almost identical sounding.
Thanks!
:mug:

Back