Mobile phones.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What's the mobile phone market like in the US?

I run 4 mobile phones.

1 personal
1 work
1 for SWMBO
1 for Mum.

Personal : £15 for 500 any network minutes per month.
Work : £0 work pays.
SWMBO : £5 for 400 any network minutes per month.
Mum : £5 the year! for 100 minutes any network minutes per month.

I think it's time to renegotiate my personal deal.

I don't have one. Service around here is spotty to non-existent. The last four jobs required that I carry one. Even when I carried a work phone, I didn't use it much. The last job, they were paying for 900 minutes a month. I generally used less than 100 minutes and one month used 2 ... both incoming calls.

I had a pay by the minute service for a while, but I didn't use it & the minutes kept expiring. Since I can get 911 on the phone without having to pay for a service, why bother?

I have three- one for me, one for SWMBO, and one is used as a tether for EVDO internet service. 1200 minutes, unlimited internet, costs around $100 a month.

Ive got sprint 40$ a month (1,000 anytime) with a free 'fazor' (a fake razor) Its pretty sweet, the only bad thing is you have to sign a 2 year contract, but you dont have to pay for the phone so its pretty sweet.

I've got 5, count them 5, phones on my service. One for myself, SWMBO, and 3 teenage kids.
I'm currently paying $95.00 per month for 1400 anytime minutes that all 5 phones share.
Of course this doesn't include the boat load of fees and taxes they don't bother telling you about when you sign up for the service.

i got one nationwide...runs around $60/mo. i use verizon...seems to get better service in the areas i use it.

i use it for work, too, but never go over my minutes.

i do not have a landline.

4 1 for me, SWMBO, Kid and Mom... 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited calls between 7PM-7AM and all day weekends and Holidays, free roaming (in the US), We share the minutes $79 a month

1 Sprint cell with:
200 on peak minutes
300 text
that I pay $4.95 a month for.
That is after the company pays the $35 and my 10% corp discount.
I don't have a land line but will be getting an internet connection after vacation. That'll probably cost $50 a month.

Back