mobile home brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

alex510

Reaction score
Long story short/ Im going thru a divorce I will not be getting my brew stuff back:(...And moved in to a very small mobile home. what is the best brewer I should get for a very small spot.? thank you in advance.
PS. I dont drink much at all so volume is not important.
Thank you ice

RufusBrewer

Reaction score
Sounds like an Anvil Foundry 6.5 is for you. Small batch, manageable mash when running 120 VAC.

I like my Foundry 10.5, and I am comfortable recommending the little brother.

dwhite60

Reaction score
Pot on the stove. Did this in an apartment, a 14x70 single wide, and still do it in the double wide. BIAB makes it easy. I do 2.5 to 3.5 gallon batches in a five gallon kettle.

Sorry about the divorce. Mine was pretty tough.

OP
alex510

alex510

Reaction score
Pot on the stove. Did this in an apartment, a 14x70 single wide, and still do it in the double wide. BIAB makes it easy. I do 2.5 to 3.5 gallon batches in a five gallon kettle.

Sorry about the divorce. Mine was pretty tough.
very rough divorce for me too.
i am leaning towards something like the anvil. The Anvil is quite expensive tho:(. so i am going to look at some cheaper options.

RufusBrewer

Reaction score
If you are not getting your brewing equipment, that sounds spiteful and nasty to me.

A pot, a bag, a spoon and a stove is all you need to make beer. Eta, you will need a reliable thermometer.

Check restaurant supply stores. I might be opening a can of worms, but aluminum is more budget friendly than stainless steel. The trade off is it will need more attention to use aluminum.

Last edited:

dwhite60

Reaction score
I've won a couple ribbons in a local competition with stovetop beer. Might take a bit more work on the stove but it's very doable.

nursedude

Reaction score
Watch your local Craigslist. I’ve been able to pick up a bunch of great equipment for pennies on the dollar. Including a grainfather connect for less than $250.00.