MLT Test

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinfiddler

Reaction score
I have almost all my stuff together for AG. Today I tested my 25YO Coleman which I plan to put out to pasture as a mash vessel.

I preheated the cooler and ran in about 8g of water at 138F. It sat for an hour and the temp dropped 3 degrees. Does this cut the muster for mashing?

Thanks,

JW

skinfiddler said:
I have almost all my stuff together for AG. Today I tested my 25YO Coleman which I plan to put out to pasture as a mash vessel.

I preheated the cooler and ran in about 8g of water at 138F. It sat for an hour and the temp dropped 3 degrees. Does this cut the muster for mashing?

Thanks,

JW

That will work. The grain bed will help it hold heat a little more and you could always drop a blanket over it.

Hold on to that old coleman...they are actually reinventing the old style metal shell coolers. They come w/ a hefty price tag form what I've seen.

wilserbrewer said:
Hold on to that old coleman...they are actually reinventing the old style metal shell coolers. They come w/ a hefty price tag form what I've seen.
They me be bringing them back but I bet they do it with new and better material.
I use to have one of those. It sucked for keeping beer/pop cold for more then a day.

Back