MLT Dilemma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drez77

Reaction score
So at the present I have a 48qt ice cube that I use for my MLT. I just re-design my set up and now I have a HEMRS with an external heat exchanger. My issue now is 10g batches. I am debating between a 70 qt Coleman extreme or a Sanke for the MLT. I do have a spare Sanke that I was planning to convert into a fermenter. Is there any reason that one is better than the other? I do currently batch sparge but want to leave my options open incase I decide to give fly a shot.

Mike

If you are not going to direct fire the MLT then I would say to go with the cooler. It's going to hold the temps better so your herms wont work so much.

Also if you are doing 10 gal or bigger I would say to go bigger then a 70qt. I have an 80qt and I wish I would have gone with the 100 that was sitting next to it.

If you are not going to direct fire the MLT then I would say to go with the cooler. It's going to hold the temps better so your herms wont work so much.

I do not plan to direct fire seeing I am all electric and do not want to have an element in my MLT. I will also take a look at some of the larger coolers.

Mike

Back