Mixed drinks in a keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gear101

Reaction score
Has anyone done this before? I was thinking with a coupe extra taps that I have every now and then of mixing up a 3 gallon keg of Jack and coke. Hoping it does not separate or with the CO2 go flat.

I'd have a spare set of o-rings and spare liquid line since you're dealing with the coke, but assume the mix would come to equilibrium with your CO2 setting. Didn't think it'd seperate, but you could always give the keg a good shake - you using a smaller 3 gal keg or a 5 gal, filled up to 3?

Yep. That works. I woudlnt do it with something like root beer (its flavor/odor is notorious for sticking around). I have done it before with an empty sankey keg and a party tap. Let me tell you the guests at that party were intoxicated quickly and amazed that you can get mixed drinks in a keg. I refused to tell them where I 'bought' the keg, though was tempted to tell them to just ask their local beer distributor. Just remember that sodas are carbonated at higher volumes than beers normally are and compensate accordingly.

Back