Mixed berry cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danerelj

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Looking at making a mixed berry cider, I'll have 22 litres of apple juice, just wondering what weight of berries will be needed to make it fruity, kind of like kopparberg if you will. I was thinking around 2kg/4lb?

Thanks in advance

I’ve done a raspberry and a blackberry cider in the past. I used 1 lb raspberries per gallon in secondary and would have liked more raspberry flavor. I used 2 lbs blackberries per gallon and the flavor was dominant but very good. If you want some apple flavor to come through I’d try somewhere in between. I’m not familiar with kopparberg so I can’t help you there. Whatever you do it’ll turn out good!!

Has anyone tried juicing the berries, then adding that? I have found that after freezing, blackberries and raspberries are very easy to juice. I was thinking about adding the juice from 1 or 2 lbs of raspberries to the secondary of a cider.

Last edited:
Back