Mission Texas beer activities/pubs to try?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am heading to Mission, Texas from my igloo in Canada this week. Any beer activities in the area? Great pubs to try? Local brews to taste? Thanks if you respond.

A quick google search shows there's a brewery in Pharr and brewpub in Mission. I had no idea, I haven't been down to the Valley in a few years. Last time I was there, it was a beer wasteland.

You are making me cry. I thought this would be an oasis! There must be some great beer to taste down here. Heck I will bring some south to Mission if the border allows me over!

I haven’t been to Mission in a long time, but “beer wasteland” still seems about right to me. :)

Stop at HEB on your way down, and grab lots of new and great Texas beers. There are a ton of them in the Austin area. We’re in San Marcos, and loving the beer here.

Without laughing at an igloo person. What does HEB mean?? Thanks for answering!

It's the grocery store chain in Texas. They generally have a good beer selection at good prices. There are specialty beer/liquor stores that have good selections, but for a grocery store chain, HEB tends to have quite a bit at the best prices.

Yesterday I bought four Texas craft beer six-packs at HEB for less than the cost that they would be at a liquor store.

Thanks. I live a sheltered life up here in the woods. Stop laughing! Total wines, Costco and the shell station in Arizona were my spots for ten winters to get local craft beers both in bottles and growlers. Off Tomorrow. ten inches plus of snow here but it has warmed up to - 4.

The wasteland is changing. We have some local brewed beer and even a homebrew shop, (mine ) and a few good places for food and beer. Big River is the local brewery with taproom, Pharr edge of McAllen. check out Rabble Rouser on facebook for an interesting and different brew experience. Blue Onion in Weslaco has in house brewed beer and good food. South Padre Island has Padre Brewing brewpub. Mission's brewery 5X5 is coming. another is slated for late this year in north McAllen. Several places have good food and large craft selection, especially Texas brews. Roosevelt's at 7 is oldest...no BMC. Others are Bodega, Grain to Glass, The Quarter, Copper Moon, Whistling Duck, Craft House, and Flying Pig in Olmito.
You won't suffer now as compared to 5 years ago.

When are yo visiting?

I arrived yesterday in Mission Texas. People keep telling me I brought down the crummy weather!
It will pass :) always does. Found any of the places yet? Wed night is good for Rabble Rouser, though with the cold, they may not be open.

You were in the shop on Saturday?????? I was alone...kind of busy...sorry if I didn't notice.
With a bit of persuasion, Big River might fill your keg or Rabble Rouser also.

Actually we are still near Mission but looking for a hill country rv park March 15th to 26 or later. Ideas???

We're in the Lake Buchanan area- and there are definitely parks around here. We've been to Blanco, San Marcos, Wimberly, Dripping Springs, etc, and it's all been beautiful (but fairly cold). We're leaving here on March 18. I think March 10 starts spring break, but after that you shouldn't have any trouble.

There is a really nice State Park on the Colorado River north of Llano, and we're going up there tomorrow for some river fishing so I can check that out.

Found a park. Lake Medina RV resort!v Thanks

We're in the Lake Buchanan area- and there are definitely parks around here. We've been to Blanco, San Marcos, Wimberly, Dripping Springs, etc, and it's all been beautiful (but fairly cold). We're leaving here on March 18. I think March 10 starts spring break, but after that you shouldn't have any trouble.

There is a really nice State Park on the Colorado River north of Llano, and we're going up there tomorrow for some river fishing so I can check that out.

I bought the star san and the BLC!
Thanks. Any chance you sell a label scraper remover tool?

Aw shoot....too long ago to place the face now:oops: Nope, sorry no label scrapper. But come on back in and introduce yourself this time! We do have homebrew on tap!!! And for the right people:D we share our limited supply of HOPSLAM if interested:rolleyes:.

And Yooper.....another year and you don't come see us....:(:(:(

Latest posts

Back