Mission control, We have a leak.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bulls Beers

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a two tap system and I seem to have a leak in one of the gas line hose ends. The leak is either between the Quick disconnect and the fitting or between the fitting and the hose. Any ideas on how to fix it?

The other Gas hose line is fine and I'm pouring a nice pilsner from it....I really need to fix it because I have a nice keg of Apfelwein I want to drink...

To find the leak, I would use some soapy water and coat around where the leak might be. You should be able to find it that way.

I'm pretty sure I know where it is, I'm just not sure how to fix the leak. I got this system a month ago and this gas line has always had a leak. It's brand new. I've only used the other side. Now I have another keg I want to tap.

Professor Frink said:
To find the leak, I would use some soapy water and coat around where the leak might be. You should be able to find it that way.

Not to highjack my own thread but Congrats on Santana. I would've liked to have snagged him. Better you than the Yankees...

What size hose and flares do you have? I've switched my gas line sizes from 1/4" to 5/16" because even though I thought I had a tight seal on the 1/4", moving it a slight bit would sometimes give a bit of a leak. Do you use clamp rings to keep it tight?

Thanks, I just hope we can sign him by 5 pm Friday. I would have been okay if the Sox got him, the Mets are my passion, but I like the Sox a lot. I lived in Boston for 2 years and when to my fair share of Sox games. And do I ever hate the Yankees...

Professor Frink said:
What size hose and flares do you have? I've switched my gas line sizes from 1/4" to 5/16" because even though I thought I had a tight seal on the 1/4", moving it a slight bit would sometimes give a bit of a leak. Do you use clamp rings to keep it tight?

Thanks, I just hope we can sign him by 5 pm Friday. I would have been okay if the Sox got him, the Mets are my passion, but I like the Sox a lot. I lived in Boston for 2 years and when to my fair share of Sox games. And do I ever hate the Yankees...

I'm not sure what size they are. There's no size on the hose. I bought this system from kegconnection. And yes, they do have clamp rings.

Any person who hates the Yankess is good in my book...:D

Latest posts

Back