Missing Piece On Stout Faucet

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shay

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what piece is missing on this faucet? Any help would be appreciated.

faucet.jpg

I have never seen a faucet like that one, where did you get it? The stout faucets I've seen don't have that extra..."node"... between the faucet and the shank connection.

This post probably isn't much help, I'm mostly wondering where you got such an interesting faucet.

i.e.:
4108.jpg

This extra node....what does the top of it look like? Does it appear to be missing something? (like would it leak?)

From what I can tell I think there is supposed to be a knob there. It's a variable restriction faucet, a nice find. Without the knob you can probably use a wrench to adjust it.

This extra node....what does the top of it look like? Does it appear to be missing something? (like would it leak?)
It has a threaded screw. I blow on the shank side and it does not seem to leak. When I get the new kegerator converted, I will hook it up with some water to see if it leaks. Here is a picture of the other side.

faucet1.jpg

I have two of those faucets. You are just missing the cover to the flow restricter. It is a black cup like thing. It is not required for use, but would make it more aesthetically appealing. Off topic, those are the best stout faucets you can get IMHO.

I have two of those faucets. You are just missing the cover to the flow restricter. It is a black cup like thing. It is not required for use, but would make it more aesthetically appealing. Off topic, those are the best stout faucets you can get IMHO.
Thanks Ryan. I am looking forward to getting my second kegerator finished so I use my stout faucet.

I finally got around to installing the stout faucet on on my kegerators. Here is it is in action if anyone is interested. It is neat to have a stout faucet and nitro at home. This is an ESB that I just kegged.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

Back