British Golden Ale Miraculix Best - Classic English Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

OP
OP
Miraculix

Miraculix

Reaction score
Hm. Well I only have time day 7 or day 18+.
Both would be fine. If you could rouse the yeast on day 3, that would help to finish on time. Pub floccs so well that it sometimes leaves some sugar in suspension that it will continue to metabolize sloooooowly within the next two to four weeks. I've had bottles overcarb because of this, but I really pushed it. I think I bottled this batch on day four or five. I actually bottle usually after seven to nine days in general as my brews are usually lower og and they're usually finished after three or four days anyway.

bwible

I drink, and I know things
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
You’ve heard of the kitchen sink brown ale recipe - where you gather up all those little bags and packages that have an ounce of this and a couple ounces of that left in them and dump them all together and make a beer? I think I have enough of them that I’m going to put them with some golden promise base malt I have left and see if I can come up with a dark mild.

I have small packages of crystal 40 and 120, biscuit, carapils, caramunich, aromatic, melanoidin, roasted barley and chocolate. Melanoidin might not really belong but its only a little.

I have some British hops.

I figure I’ll shoot for about 1.040, single hop addition for 90 minutes targeting about 25 IBU and I have a Wyeast 1335 British Ale II.

This is basically a starter beer to get yeast built up to do this years Barleywine, which I’ve decided will be an English barleywine.

DuncB

Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan for your starter, it says apparent alcohol tolerance of 10% so in the right zone.
I made a six litre starter for my recent english barleywine and really felt like a microbrew.