• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Connecticut Minibrew 40 gallon fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the highest and lowest volumes you were able to ferment in this due to headspace, and blowoff?

They are made for 1bbl or 31 gallons, but I have used it for 35. That is pushing it a little and the head touched the top lid during fermentation but we did it that way for a year until I bought a second one. We did some 50 gallon batches with 30 in one and 20 in the other, so 20 gallons was the smallest size I did in one with no problems.
Mike

Ok I have a 1bbl system and fermenters large enough have been a serious issue, I am highly considering this. I just would be making the ride all the way from southern NJ haha let me see what I can do.

are you interested in one or both? If both I might be willing to drive as far as White Plains NY. It is a good deal. New they are more than $800 each plus crazy shipping costs.

I'm probably only interested in one but I am part of a HUGE homebrew club so I am trying to see if anyone else would be interested in the second one and taking the ride to white plains with me

Sorry to have missed you today. Ran into a storm and decided to turn around. Still want to buy both conicals. Will call you.

How long were these in use and what was your cleaning regimen? Any problems with scratching?

Sorry they are both sold.
I had no problems with scratches. I used pbw with a scrubbie made for stainless steel, then bleach in the tub incase there was a chance of anything hiding in a crack. I then would put it all together and use a no rinse sanitizer, not iodine because it would stain the plastic.

Latest posts

Back