Mini keg and tap a draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deebee

Reaction score
Hi.

I use mini kegs for my brews.
The ones i have are the beer king 5 l keg complete with the top tap and co2 dispenser.

I have however found that there is no way to regulate to amount of foam on the first 4-6 glasses.

Anyways, i have seen some kegs at a place called beer-wine.com ( or something like that), these have a built in tap at the bottom which would be great for the purposes that i want it for.

The problem is that this works as a rule with the ingress of normal air in order to force the brew down into the tap after the initial carbonization has gone.

This is not exactly a fantastic solution if you don't intend to drink all 5 liters at once.

I seem to remember seeing a gasses eystem that fits via an adaptor into the top of the keg. looks basically like a crony keg charger. It is used to push either CO2 or NO into the keg so that you can use the bottom tap. It also means that the keg is really easy to reuse and clean.

Does anyone know of where i might be able to get one of these gasers? or could anyone help me out with one please?
Thanks

I'm not sure where you could get the "gasers" you talk about, but I think the kegs you're seeing are meant for real ales. These are usually uncarbonated beers that use either gravity or a beer engine to get the beer out of the keg. It can be used over multiple days, but the flavor will change constantly.

Yes. The oxygen will have some effect on your beer. As it starts to get oxydized, your beer will start to taste different. Some people describe it as cardboard taste or loss of "fullness". That's about the only way I can describe it. If you ever get the chance to try a real/cask ale... do so. They are a completely different experience than what most are used to.

Latest posts

Back