Mini fridge kegerator demo/build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravelingLight

Reaction score
Finally getting around to doing this after over a year of saying I was going to do this. I'm just getting into brewing (haven't even done by first) so I'm a long ways away from kegging my own. This is more so for my "nightlies" as I call them. I always have a beer when I come home from work, and it's usually an IPA or something sessiony. Ergo, I get tired of buying so many six packs! So now I can just pick up a sixth of something from my local distributor and have it on tap when I walk in the door! Then at some point into my brewing I'll start kegging my own. And knowing how quickly my gardening hobby progressed from pots of dirt to deep water culture hydroponics, I'll graduate to kegging quickly. Besides, I know I will get tired of washing and sanitizing bottles.

I wanted to get this in a thread in case anyone wants to follow along and for questions I will have.

As you can see in the attached pics, this fridge had the freezer plate up top. Thankfully I was able to successfully bend it down out of the way without kinking or snapping the coolant line.

This fridge has coolant all on the sides, so no worries with drilling through the top. I chose to build my own iron pipe draft tower because I like the industrial look of it with the black fridge, and it saved me money.

I'm having some trouble with the door sealing properly after removing the door shelving assembly and replacing it with 1/16" HDPE plastic. So my next move is to get that issue taken care of. Then I've just got to get some line to connect to the faucet and run a tube from my fan box to cool the tower. Also still have to get my CO2 tank and regulator. Then it's game on! Oh yeah, also added an elephant bottle opener to the front of the fridge. I like elephants. Someone gave it to me and I had nowhere else to put it. His name is Stampy. Maybe I'll name the kegerator Stampy!

IMG_6005.JPG

IMG_6007.JPG

IMG_6008.JPG

IMG_6012.JPG

IMG_6013.JPG

Back