Mini Fridge Keezer DIY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Estrada

Reaction score
I've been digging on the interwebs for some DIY keezer instructions and am still somewhat lost. Unfortunately, I don't have an abundance of space (living in a city has its drawbacks), so a large chest freezer won't work. A mini fridge is ideal, if it's doable. From there...

- What are the best resources for converting a mini-fridge to a keezer?
- Are there any brands / models of mini-fridges that work best?
- Any brands / models that require minimal gutting?
- Should I succumb to laziness upon these responses, has anyone come across a person that makes keezers for a price?
- Any temp controllers that work better with different models?
- Any other useful info?

I realize that's a lot but figured I'd give folks more to go off of...

Thanks!

Tons of posts on that here. Last week limulus had a thead on his mini fridge setup: https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=524941

Try to get one with a flat bottom inside. Mine has the compressor in the bottom and it makes squeezing two kegs inside a bear. My tap/CO2 hoses go through the side.

i haven't used it to ferment in so no temp controller for me.

Build your own, no need to pay $500 for a $100 fridge. I got mine for $25 bux on CraigsList. I for a full sized fridge, now holding 6 kegs for free on CL.

Back