Mini Fridge Conversion Kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5' of beer line may not be enough. A lot of people on here say you need around 10' in order to help keep from having excessively foamy pours.

From what I've heard, the problem is the carb level and the speed of the pour. I don't pretend to understand, but experienced folks on this forum say you need about 8-12 feet of beer line at "normal" serving pressure to avoid getting a lot of foam in your pour. Also you want to keep your beer line as cold as possible up to where it goes into the tap as warmer beer means more foam as the CO2 comes out of solution.

Ok. Thanks for the info. Other than that does it look good

Depends on how many kegs you're going to want on-tap at any one time. With this kit you can only have one at a time. Of course, you can always add on to it later. But yeah, it doesn't look bad. But what do I know? I don't have a kegerator or keezer. :)

what are the pros and cons of using a tower vs front faucet in a mini fridge kegerator?

what are the pros and cons of using a tower vs front faucet in a mini fridge kegerator?

Well, one pro of having front faucets is that your beer line will be cold right up to the back of the tap. The con is that the back side of the taps sticking into the interior of the fridge will limit how many kegs you can have in there at one time. That being said, how many kegs of beer do you think you'll want at any given time? :)

I would like 2. I know that is already a tight fit in a mini fridge.

Back