Milwaukee Home Brew Fest

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

OP
richbrew99

richbrew99

Reaction score
C'mon all you Southeastern Wisconsin home brewers, there are still spots open to participate!

wegz15

Reaction score
I'm coming up from chicago with a brew buddy to participate. I think one other brewer from Chicago signed up to participate as well.

OP
richbrew99

richbrew99

Reaction score
I'm coming up from chicago with a brew buddy to participate. I think one other brewer from Chicago signed up to participate as well.
Cool, glad to have you up here! What brews are you bringing if I may ask? I'll be serving a Farmhouse IPA and a Citrus Wheat.

wegz15

Reaction score
I'm planning an american IPA and a milk stout. However I'm still getting over the west nile virus, cutting it close.

wegz15

Reaction score
Yea my american IPA took first in one comp and third overall in another. I came down with west nile virus and had to postpone brewing. I got it done yesterday, cutting it close

OP
richbrew99

richbrew99

Reaction score
Sounds good, lookin forward to seeing you guys there. Wegz15, hope you get better.

Kieran

Reaction score
I'm bringing an English IPA Smash (Golden Promise/East Kent Goldings) and an American Brown.

m_stodd

Reaction score
If I were to participate, it would be for cider since I'm too much of a beer newb. I'll definitely be attending and drinking all of your beer, though!

That West Nile Milk Stout sounds interesting!

joshualoomis

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm participating and bringing a keg of imperial red ale. i'll probably also bring a few bottles of my double brown ale and west coast ipa, also entered into the competition.

what a fantastic opportunity for the home brew community. i'm excited to pour my beer and almost equally as excited to see what they have planned for us as far as the morning and early afternoon sessions.

cheers, gentlemen, and see you there.

m_stodd

Reaction score
Just got an email that my ticket I bought like 20 minutes ago has been refunded.

Also, website just updated. Seems like it will be free next time, and since I just barely bought a ticket in time, I'll have priority to attend. Still not worth the cancellation, but whatever...

In the words of Bender, "I'll just have my own homebrew fest with blackjack, and hookers!"

Kieran

Reaction score
Sucks it was cancelled. At least I have a ton of extra beer now :)

WhiteEagle1

Reaction score
If you guys hear an update on this fest please post it up!
Also if any one is interested there is a pretty good beer tasting event in Lake Geneva Link on 10/27.....lot of good brewery's going to be there. I'll post a thread as well.

JonGrafto

Reaction score
This was posted on their site....

Milwaukee Homebrew Festival
Temporarily Postponed
Dear Friends,

We are extremely disappointed to announce that we are going to have to postpone Milwaukee Homebrew Fest and reschedule the event for another date. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
A combination of various licensing and legal hiccups have resulted in the need to move the event to a new venue, and to restructure the way the event is organized. Milwaukee Homebrew Fest is the first of it’s kind in Wisconsin, and navigating the intricacies of the new homebrew laws (and how they impact our festival) has been an eye-opening experience.
The good news is… We can still do this!
It is our intention to locate a new venue and bring the fest back early next year.
Additionally, when the event returns the admission will be free, and those attendees who purchased tickets this time around will have first priority as space will be limited.

We assure you that when we re-launch next year, we’ll be even better prepared and beyond excited to bring you the best experience of Milwaukee’s homebrew culture.
Thanks
Chuck & George
Milwaukee Homebrew Fest

m_stodd

Reaction score
I wonder it it was this amendment that caused them to cancel, and make it free next time: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/amendments/sb395/aa1_sb395.pdf

I remember going to the Kohler Festival of Beer three? years ago when they had a homebrew tasting. That was awesome! The past two years it was cancelled because the event was actually illegal. It's a shame that even when we get a law passed to allow these events to occur, they get cancelled.