Miller Lite mini brew keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigbrew

Reaction score
Has any one seen the ads for the new miller lite Brew kegs. It holds 1.5 gals and has what I think is a co2 cartridge to dispense the beer. In the ad they claim that the beer would stay fresh for 30 days.

Has any one picked one of these up? I would like to know if they are reusable.

brew on
Craigbrew

Anyone know where to find these?

If I see one of these I will pick it up... I love homebrew, but Miller lite is my summer "out in the sun" beverage... I also like trying new containers...

There have been a couple of threads on here about them, I will try to find them. In short I believe the consensus is that they are okay to use for homebrew. To tap comes off easy but you will need to use some force to unscrew the CO2 cartridge. Unscrewing the CO2 cartridge will break a simple anti-temper mechanism, but will not effect the function of the CO2 system at all.

I am not sure if this is correct but I read from Northern Brewer to use about half the amount of priming sugar you would normally use.

Back