Miller Lite home draft

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damdaman

Reaction score
I use Tap-a-Draft for my homebrew, and it seems like the ML home draft is essentially a single-use TAD system.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what kinds of bottles they use? The TAD bottles are kind of expensive, and if the ML home draft bottles are reusable, it occurs to me I could possibly collect a bunch of free bottles for use at home from people who buy the ML home draft.

Anyone know?

I used the Miller Lite tap a draft system with my Pumpkin Ale, but made a mistake... I used the normal amount of priming sugar in the TAD bottle and it blew the "spout" apart and blew all my beer out of it. Next time, I'll either A) relieve the pressure as it builds B) use less sugar to prime it in the TAD system, or C) Force carb it with CO2 canisters from my LHBS. It's a common size. Might require a washer under the CO2 cartridge to get a good seal though.

if i'm thinking of the same thing, this particular home draft deal also comes with coors light as well.
the container holds 1 1/2 gallons. i bought 2 of the coors light and choked down the coors light so i could reuse the container. this way, i could keg 3 gallons and bottle the other 2 gallons.
have yet to try to use them as i'm not sure what size the CO2 cartridges are.

i'm wondering if anyone might know what size the CO2 cartridges are?

if i'm thinking of the same thing, this particular home draft deal also comes with coors light as well.
the container holds 1 1/2 gallons. i bought 2 of the coors light and choked down the coors light so i could reuse the container. this way, i could keg 3 gallons and bottle the other 2 gallons.
have yet to try to use them as i'm not sure what size the CO2 cartridges are.

i'm wondering if anyone might know what size the CO2 cartridges are?

14 or 16 non threaded I believe.......for the guy who blew his up. Before you attach the co2 cartridge, you are supposed to open the top and relieve pressure from the carbonation.

14 or 16 non threaded I believe.......for the guy who blew his up. Before you attach the co2 cartridge, you are supposed to open the top and relieve pressure from the carbonation.

Yeah, I didn't force carb mine, I used priming sugar and filled the TAD system from my bottling bucket. What I should have done is relieved some pressure along the way. The system was blown from the force of the natural carb'ing, not when I attached the CO2. Lesson learned, I got a Coors version from a friend. At least it has mountains that turn blue so I'll know when it's cold. ;)

actually, i'm trying to drill a hole in one of the cartridges to screw in a schrader valve. I'd love to be able to add a little bit of co2 at a time out of my (cheaper) big-a$$ tank. (certainly not the full pressure, though)
there is a small hole at the bottom of the cartridge cradle, just about the perfect size.

more info to follow, film at 11.

...................... At least it has mountains that turn blue so I'll know when it's cold. ;)

that's why i got the coors light ones--so that i would know when it's cold when the mountains turn blue. :D

snevey said:
Yeah, I didn't force carb mine, I used priming sugar and filled the TAD system from my bottling bucket. What I should have done is relieved some pressure along the way. The system was blown from the force of the natural carb'ing, not when I attached the CO2. Lesson learned,
Yikes. I just bottled a wheat beer primed for 3.5 volumes of CO2 into one of these. I'll be watching it now, knowing that there have been pressure failures on these, I hadn't heard of any before this, so I figured it would be fine.

Yeah, I didn't force carb mine, I used priming sugar and filled the TAD system from my bottling bucket. What I should have done is relieved some pressure along the way. The system was blown from the force of the natural carb'ing, not when I attached the CO2. Lesson learned, I got a Coors version from a friend. At least it has mountains that turn blue so I'll know when it's cold. ;)

There's supposed to be a blowoff valve.

It broke the tap part, permanently. Unless that blowoff valve is "resetable". Ears are perked.

Wow. I naturally carbed my IPA in one of these and it worked just fine. It did get ROCK hard and I was a bit nervous but it ended up working out. I just filled another one up with a Belgian wit today.

I believe the bottles have the same size cap as a 3 litre soda bottle. You may want to consider capping the bottle rather than letting it carb with the tap on it.

Latest posts

Back