milk stout and imperial stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
i feel like i've tried lots of different beer styles but two that I have never had before last night was a milk stout and an imperial stout. I use to be really into stouts a few years ago, but got burnt out on them and moved onto IPAs. here lately i've been craving stouts, partially due to me brewing an oatmeal chocolate stout that came out great.

Last night after work I went to a liquor store and saw that they sell by the bottle. I picked up left hand's milk stout and sam adam's imperial stout. first was the imperial and I loved it. I'm not sure how it compares to other imperial stouts but I liked that one a lot. I think that might be one of my next home brews. The Milk stout was interesting. At first I really liked it, but by the end of the bottle it was too sweet.

I know a lot of people on here like old rasputin, and they sell it at trader joes here, so I should pick one of those up

I think the Sam Adams Imperial Stout compares favorably to the Old Rasputin, but I like the Old Rasputin better. Certainly try Sam Smith's Imperial Stout too. Stone brewery down in San Diego couty makes a really good one, forget the name.

Of those four the Sam Adams is my least favorite.

I haven't had an actual milk stout, thogh the silky creaminess of Sam Smith's oatmeal stout is worth a sample.

I will say Sam Smith's is my favorite among breweries currently operating in England. Except for maybe JW Lees.

If you haven't already, try Watney's Cream Stout, it's not quite as sweet as a sweet stout. It's one of my favs. Regards, GF.

I enjoy sam adams imperial stout, though I didn't at first when it was cold. Definitely serve around 55-60 degrees to bring out more chocolatey, roasty, smokey flavor. Made all the difference in the world to me.

i feel like i've tried lots of different beer styles but two that I have never had before last night was a milk stout and an imperial stout. I use to be really into stouts a few years ago, but got burnt out on them and moved onto IPAs. here lately i've been craving stouts, partially due to me brewing an oatmeal chocolate stout that came out great.

Last night after work I went to a liquor store and saw that they sell by the bottle. I picked up left hand's milk stout and sam adam's imperial stout. first was the imperial and I loved it. I'm not sure how it compares to other imperial stouts but I liked that one a lot. I think that might be one of my next home brews. The Milk stout was interesting. At first I really liked it, but by the end of the bottle it was too sweet.

I know a lot of people on here like old rasputin, and they sell it at trader joes here, so I should pick one of those up

where'd you go? party pak liquors at stop 11 and madison? they sell by the bottle, and have about every beer imaginable.

Seeing as you're in Indiana, you should be able to get of Founder's Imperial Stout. I will admit that I have limited experience in beer tasting, so this claim isn't saying too much, but this one is easily in my top three beers I've ever had.

Back