Mike's Hard and Smirnoff Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFamato

Reaction score
Can anyone share any Mike's Hard or Smirnoff Recipes. Im looking to impress some friends that don't drink beer with some Mike's Hard or Smirnoff Homebrew.

I don't know why exactly because I won't even be drinking the stuff. I just thought it would be cool to make it for my friends who don't like beer.

Search for Skeeter Pee recipes. thats about as close as it gets. It's basically a sugar based lemon wine that you back sweeten. It doesnt have that artificial flavor that smirnoff has, tasting more like wine.

My SWMBO likes the stuff, especially carbonated (force carbed, since you have to use potassium sorbate to do some back-sweetening)

Skeeter Pee is fine lemon wine, Hard Lemonade is socially acceptable hooch.

Hard lemonade is best made with blending lemonjuice/frozen lemonade with already fermented sugar solution (to buffer the acid)without stabilizing and then reconditioning/bottle carbing. carbing is really only a mild pressure and a co2 blanket. flat for beer, but it would unseat a cork.

actually any winecooler is best made with this method, but hard lemonade works best because you want it hazy and its a use for those clear bottles.

Back