Midwest Supply Keg Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Recusit8m

Reaction score
Hi all...I was wondering if anyone could review the Midwest Supplies Dual Kegging Kit w/ picnic faucets...I was looking around and they seem like the best deal...Ill pick up the conversion shanks/faucets at a later date but for now I just want to get it up and running...Pros and Cons would be appreciated...Thanks

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f142/brew-logic-dual-tap-draft-system-119486/

I love mine, no regrets in this purchace at all! Found it to be the most stuff for the best price. Shipped within 24 hours, on my doorstep 3 days later. Filled the CO2 tank, replaced the orings, sanitized, and filled with beer...

I have carbed/served about 8 kegs form this setup so far, and just had to refill my tank for the first time. I had 1 small leak, but that was on a kig i bought elsewhere.

i'm ordering this in 2 weeks, minus the co2 tank. i found that i can get a 10lb tank for $56 and filled for $14 locally, so i'm going that route. i basically pay $6 for a bigger tank. since i won't get to use it until sept., i am going to call them and ask since i'm undoubtely out of the country and encounter any problems with it when i get back (mainly concerned about the regulator) if they'll replace it. i would wait to order it when i get back, but i like to have presents waiting for me when i return! on a side note, i did order 2 corny's from them 2 weeks ago and made my wife take pic of them. god i can't wait to get home!

i found that i can get a 10lb tank for $56 and filled for $14 locally, so i'm going that route. i basically pay $6 for a bigger tank. since i won't get to use it until sept., i am going to call them and ask since i'm undoubtely out of the country and encounter any problems with it when i get back (mainly concerned about the regulator) if they'll replace it.!

If you can fit a 10# tank, that is a better deal. I cannot fit mroe than a 5# in my keezer.

I know Midwest will help with any issues you have, but the concern is it sounds like you want to order it now, and leave it boxed until after 60days have passed.... Honestly, I bet less than 5% of people have had any issues with these regs, they are just the ones that ***** loudest.

Here is some reading material...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/best-beginner-kegging-system-around-200-a-104099/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/kegconnection-vs-midwest-kit-115127/

I have the same system from Midwest minus the dual reg. Everything works well and I have had no problems at all. Nice thing was they did sub a new tank on my order for free. Only gripe I had was that one of the kegs came filthy dirty with root beer still in it and monster dent. Parts used seem to be quality although the reg can be a bit touchy and takes some playing with. Otherwise a great system for the money. They did replace the keg and told me to keep the other one for parts! I live in WI so needless to say shipping was wicked fast!

The first package contains a double-dual-gauge regulator with 1 high pressure (tank pressure) and 2 low pressure (keg pressure) gauges. Thus you control the pressure of each keg individually.

The second link is a double-gauge regulator with 1 high pressure and 1 low pressure gauge. The low pressure gauge has a manifold that splits the gas two ways and has on/off valves on each side of the Y. You cannot control the pressure of each keg individually. They are either both the same, both off or, 1 on/1 off.

If you can fit a 10# tank, that is a better deal. I cannot fit mroe than a 5# in my keezer.

I know Midwest will help with any issues you have, but the concern is it sounds like you want to order it now, and leave it boxed until after 60days have passed.... Honestly, I bet less than 5% of people have had any issues with these regs, they are just the ones that ***** loudest.

Here is some reading material...
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/best-beginner-kegging-system-around-200-a-104099/
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/kegconnection-vs-midwest-kit-115127/

I'm actually going to try and squeeze it into a Haier HBF05EBSS kegerator. My wife got a very good deal on it and I plan to expand it to a dual tap. I am trusting my cousin who took measurements on his that it can be squeezed in with 2 kegs. Maybe someone can tell me if this is feasible since my cousin likes to sometimes embelish.

EDIT* I guess I answered my own question....found that someone was able to squeeze 2 corny's and a 3 gal corny into their haier, so I should be able to make it work. Sorry to hijack the thread.
IMG_0118.jpg

Wait -- I assumed that if the kegs are "reconditioned" the o-rings should be new, right?

not nesciscarally true. Reconditioned kegs will hold pressure, many places do not replace them unless they leak. Some define conditioning as simply stripping away the soda remnents in the keg with a PBW soak.
Buy extra orings and keglube!

Latest posts

Back