Midwest Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got eMail from Midwest saying they had free shipping to lower 48 so I figured I order a bunch of special malts, yeast and hops and ship to my daughter free and have her USPS priority to me.

Spent quite a while going thru my recipes and got an order of about 8 lb of grain, some hops and dry yeast. Part way through I checked on shipping and sure enough FREE to Louisiana....When I was ready to pay about 10 min later at 631 p.m. local Hawaiian time free shipping wasn't there.

Piss me off. Sent off eMail to them and hope to have an answer tomorrow morning. :confused: :confused:

The last conversation that I had with Midwest was when i told them i would never be ordering again. I haven't. They had tried to bait and switch me.

Ok went back on line this morning and got it straightened out. Not sure what the problem was last night. Any hoo I ordered $79 worth of uncrushed grain in 1 lb packs, a lb of hops and 8 packs of dry yeast. Local purchase including tax would be $120. Had it shipped to my daughter in La who will send it here via Priority Mail and I'll be ahead about $20.

Back