Midwest Supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bennyd

Reaction score
I drove a couple of hours up to Minneapolis yesterday and visited their store for only the second time. I picked up a Black Dog Ale kit and a Raspberry Wheat kit.

When I got home today I was looking through the kits and reading the directions when I noticed that in the Raspberry Wheat kit they had accidentally put in a cherry flavored extract instead of raspberry. I called the store and they said to keep the cherry flavor and they would send out a raspberry flavor bottle free of charge.

I know that this was a mistake and it's only around $5, but I'm really impressed with how they handled this. Each time I've been in their store I haven't been overwhelmed by the help, but there is definitely always someone there asking if you need anything or are finding everything alright. They are extremely helpful.

If any of you have never had the opportunity to visit Midwest and find yourselves in the Minneapolis area, be sure to stop in.

And no, they did not pay me to post this:D. Though I wouldn't complain if they did.

i buy a good deal of stuff from them it is easier for me to buy online and wait for fedex ground then it is to drive a half hour for higher prices and questionable freshness.

i must have order around a g-note of kits and gear from them and have never had an issue to date over 2-3 years.

their prices are good on ingredients and i know they have a high sales volume so i like to think i can trust they are the freshest.

i laughed when i was looking at more beer one day and they advertised 5 kits under $50 or something without priming sugar and with base model dry yeast.

midwest gets a thumbs up in my book

My wife bought my starter kit from there this Christmas. They sent the wrong ingredient kit and gave 2 options. Send the other one back on their dime and they'd send the right one or...keep it and they'd send the right one at 1/2 price free shipping. That is service...of course I kept the wrong kit, it was a no brainer.

I live about equal distance between there and NothernBrewer and I find that Midwest is slightly less expensive but I have the feeling that NB rotates through their grain a little more quickly.

That might all be in my head though. Both stores are excellent IMHO and I think I'm pretty lucky to have a choice between them.

Back