Midwest storm

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yellowirenut

Reaction score
Looking a bit rough for us in the Midwest. I was reading up on the upcoming storm and the barometric pressures are to be comparable to those of the storm that sunk the E. Fitzgerald.

So far for NE Indiana we have scattered heavy rain along with scattered wind gust. Wind then nothing then more wind. Talking to my parents who live along Lake Michigan - NE side. They seem to be concerned about the shipping vessels. They are to have dinner with the local Coast Guard commander, I am hopping there evening does not get interrupted by a disaster. Hopping for the sake of those on the ships.

Also tornadoes in November?
It feels odd outside....

A tornado just touched down in the county to the south of Milwaukee.

We had our lights dim a couple of times last night. Rain and wind were just about as strong as I can ever remember, but we didn't lose power.

Lots of friends and family lost power temporarily though. Was watching TV last night and went to the kitchen to put away some dishes and I thought I heard the dishwasher running. Then I realized it was the wind and rain being thrown up against the kitchen window.

After seeing what happened all around the Midwest this morning, I'm happy with what we got.

I walked into one of Milwaukee's most famous burger joint/bars to pick up a takeout order at noon, just as a huge street-flooding downpour started. I suppose there are worse places to be stuck.

I walked into one of Milwaukee's most famous burger joint/bars to pick up a takeout order at noon, just as a huge street-flooding downpour started. I suppose there are worse places to be stuck.

I saw a FB post from a guy who was trying to decide whether to stay in his deer blind or go back tot he camper. I think he decided to stay in his deer blind because it felt it would be less likely to blow away!

We had winds gusting up to 60mph last night. Betwen 10-11pm was the worst. It sounded like a tornado crossing I90 close to us as the rain went sideways against the house. Good thing wo got a new roof installed. I haven't been outside yet to survey the property though,but everything seems to be ok. Colder now too since the storm producing all those tornadoes blew out the warm front that spawned them.
Last night when our phones went off with the national weather service bulletin,the lights blinked at the same time the warning came through. The tornado sounding high winds followed shortly thereafter. Even the school busses & such ran a little late today.

Back