MicroMatic Regulator problem...HELP!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahdrummin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have not posted in a while since I really have not kegged in about a year...A move and a house to call my own has resulted in me gettin in gear to set my shop up right!

So anyway, I pulled out my tank and still had the regulator on it just as it was from the last time I used it. I have a Micro Matic with the pull blow off mechanism in the middle of the two gages. ( I think I explained that right?)

So I went to giver it a test and turned on the tanks gas.... that is when there was a second of silence...meaning all was well with pressure and gas being held to to tank as it was not hooked up to a keg...THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN... the loudest fart off blowing came directly off of that middle section that I just explained earlier in this post....Thus failure in holding in gas...

I have included pics link of what I have done so far in taking the thing apart... I took the middle cylinder off since that is where the gasket??? or the pressure/pull spring? was blowing off the CO2 when the tank was turned on...

http://picasaweb.google.com/eacanfora77/MicroMaticRegulator#

Can anyone let me know if they have had this problem? or what they think the problem is to help me out to get this up and running...

NOTE: I did not have this problem the last time I used it a year ago and if I remember correctly when I went to release any built up pressure some of the beer spit out off the top of the pressure release explained above.

So let me have it....Let me know what I need to do now?

Cheers and Thanks in advance,

Erik

I think the problem is not the pressure relief valve as it only prevents over pressurization on the low pressure side. It seems to me that the beer that you had come back through the regulator is keeping the internals from seating like they should. You will need to disassemble the reg and clean it.

Next time don't release the pressure through the reg.
PM me if you need more info on this.

Latest posts

Back