micromatic brand beer line & other keg supply source?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infidel

Reaction score
Austin, don't move here. We don't have water or sp
Ok, been out of the business for a few years now. Not so good at sourcing parts anymore. I can't find it locally and . Who sells micromatic 3/16 beer line with fair rates on shipping? Not a big order, I need 20', might buy 50' just so I don't have to repeat this search next year.
I'm just a snob who thinks it is better.
Don't panic if you aren't using it.

Rebuilding the old keggerator to sell and converting a new(er) refrigerator.

Would be cool if the source had good prices on step-less clamps as well.
Am I making a mistake to assume flared fittings are still stainless (303 with chrome brass nut) ?

Cheers!

I don't think Micromatic makes it anymore in 3/16", it's not listed on their webpage, only 1/4" and up:
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/hoses-cid-367.html

The cadillac of homebrew beer line is:
Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra Barrier Tubing 3/16" ID

Probably identical to the "Brewmaster II" line from micromatic. Unless you were talking about their vinyl stuff...

WOW!
not made anymore...

OK, as a geek who used to calculate his carbonation levels with gas pressure, temperature, and line length for proper foam pour rates does it make any difference... ok, breath... :p real world...

We can keep the Micromatic dispensing course book for commercial applications. Not doing 300' runs and wouldn't be using this ID.

The Accuflex, isn't that the stuff that isn't really flexible like you would want to use on a kegs which were moved often? Meant for running in insulated bundles with glycol, so it was flexible in the way a bundle of insulated lines would be, very large bend radius in comparison with inferior barrier vinyl? Guess I need to do some reading to since memory has faded.

I've always made keggerators with old refrigerators mounting the faucets on the door (near the hinge side) which is opened and closed often. Maybe not the best choice for that situation?

Yeah the accuflex is semi-rigid, though lots of homebrewers are using it. I replaced all my lines with this. Pricey but worth it to me as it's flexible and easy to work with. I was getting some noticeable off flavors in pale beers that resolved with switching. Free shipping if your order is over $59.

Yeah the accuflex is semi-rigid, though lots of homebrewers are using it. I replaced all my lines with this. Pricey but worth it to me as it's flexible and easy to work with. I was getting some noticeable off flavors in pale beers that resolved with switching. Free shipping if your order is over $59.

Yeah, I'm using this too and really like it.

Back