Micro Matic Regulator - Economy Series vs Premium Series

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xinunix

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy my kegging system tomorrow. My LHBS carries the Micro Matic economy series regulators.

Just wondering if anyone can weigh in on the differences/value add of upgrading to the Mirco Matic premium series regulator?

Micro Matic Regulators

As much as I want to support my LHBS (and believe me I have supported them well over the last year ;)) it looks like I can get the premium series from the micro matic website (including shipping) for the same price I can get the economy series at my LHBS.

If there is really no difference (other than the shiny look of the premium series and the fancy knob) then I prefer to purchase from my LHBS but if there is truly a benefit to the premium model then I would like to consider purchasing that up front. I will be getting a dual-primary gauge regulator either way...

according to your link I would say the major difference would be the inlet seal composition and seat composition. It also states a sintered bronze filter, but i think that is standard for most regs. The rest is all bling. Based on those two facts and the equal price I would go for the deluxe. These areas were beefed up to promote longevity. I too support my LHBS, more in the way of grain and yeast though. However quality counts when the prices are the same.

I have a 3-gauge Micromatic premium secondary regulator and love it! IMO the advantage of not having to use a screwdriver to adjust the pressure is worth the minor price difference

I also have the Micromatic premium regulator and they are very nice for quick adjustments. They are worth the extra couple bucks IMHO

cool thanks! One more question, any opinions on how the taprites compare to the micro matic premiums? From what I can tell over at kegconnections the chudnow is comparable to the micro matic economy line and the taprite is comparable to the micro matic premium. Any major differences in the taprite and the micro matic premium line?

Latest posts

Back