Michigan beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undyingpirate

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Last night my fiance lost a really good friend in a car wreck so tonight we are going to have some drinks in his memory. He had recently moved to Michigan from California and talked about some really great breweries up there. Does anybody know of any beers from Michigan that are readily available here in Southern California? Style and price don't matter, I just really want to be able to find any beer brewed in Michigan to honor his memory.
Thanks-
Sean

Sean,

First of all, sorry about the loss. It absolutely sucks losing friends. But in the spirit of keeping his memory alive, you can always try finding some Founders Brewery beers. Breakfast stout is my favorite. Bell's also produces some stellar beers as well. Great Lakes Brewing, too, although I'm not 100% certain they're in MI. They might be in Ohio.

That's my short list for you. Again, my condolences for you and your fiance. I hope that you/her are able to find solace and peace in a few of those beers.

First off I am sorry for your loss. I have never been to California, but I am from Michigan. My favorite craft breweries here are Bell's, Founder's, Jolly Pumpkin (sour beers), Arbor Brewing, Dark Horse, and Vivant. I don't know if any of those are available out your way, but maybe you could look them up and see. Good luck.

SteveHeff listed the best two first...

BTW...Is Celis White still being brewed in MI. ?
Is it still as good as when brewed in Texas ?

Also, Solsun was the s**t before they became Oberon & started filtering.

Edit: sorry, didnt mean the hijack.

Jolly pumpkin is the only MI brewery that I saw on seekabrew that is distributed in CA. Good news is, it's one of the better MI breweries.

Sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for you loss. I took a look at a couple of top 10 lists MI beer craft beer lists, and looked at their distribution maps. No luck, but came across this website that could help you out.

http://www.seekabrew.com/distro/index.html

I did notice Jolly Pumpkin Brewing is available in CA.

Good luck with your quest, I hope this helps, and again I'm very sorry for your loss.

EDIT: Xpertskir beat me to it.

Wow, thank you so much. Placentia is just one town over from me, I'm gonna head right over there. Thank you all for the replies, I really appreciate it.
-Sean

Sorry for your loss. Great Lakes is brewed in Ohio. Celis White is no longer brewed in Michigan. I think nationally Bell's, Founder's, Short's, or Jolly Pumpkin may be your best bets.

Back