Michigan Beer festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saxmk6

Reaction score
Ok I understand there is a beer festival in Grand Rapids. Anyone know when that festival takes place?:mug:

I believe it's this Saturday. I was at Arbor Brewing for a sandwich and a beer this weekend, and SWMBO and I saw an ad for their beer bus to and from.

Don't forget about the summer beer fest in Ypsi. That's always a good time, although we got absolutely poured on last year. Still fun!

If memory serves, the Summer beer fest is in late July or early August. It's at Frog Island park, which is a perfect venue for it. I'm looking forward to this year's for sure.

Awesome.....I will put that on my calendar. I hope to go and have people try my brews. I like sharing it with people.

Saxmk6 said:
Awesome.....I will put that on my calendar. I hope to go and have people try my brews. I like sharing it with people.

That doesn't really go on at the beerfest -- at least, not that I've ever seen. It's more about sampling the wares of MI microbreweries. But is a damn good place to talk about (and drink!) good beer.

Go to the Michigan Brewer's Guild website............You'll find lots of info on the fests. Unfortunately, they're kind of slow updating the site.

You also will find a plethora of great links!:ban:

I'm definitely going. It's this Saturday, February 23rd in Grand Rapids. You can buy tickets at a lot of breweries, a list of breweries participating is at http://mbgmash.org/?p=61

I normally think of Grand Rapids as too far to go to drink, but Arbor Brewing Company/Corner Brewery is running a bus to and from the festival, with a keg on board!

I've been to the last few summer festivals in Ypsi and they are a blast. I get to try new brews from all over the state and some beers that are hard to find outside of the festival (I'm thinking of Founders' Kentucky Breakfast Stout and Backwoods Bastard oaked scotch ale). I strongly recommend anyone interested in beer get to these events.

More info is at http://michiganbrewersguild.org/

It would be a good idea to have a HBT Michigan mini-convention to coincide with the Ypsi beer fest. Maybe meet someplace before or after. I think we'd have a good turn out.

BrianP said:
It would be a good idea to have a HBT Michigan mini-convention to coincide with the Ypsi beer fest. Maybe meet someplace before or after. I think we'd have a good turn out.

Brian, that's a great idea. We should make that happen when the time draws closer. I just hope I'm not on a service that will keep me from going. I might be on surgery then...

We should put a thread up and kick the idea around. I've not ever gone to the Ypsi thing, and have always wanted to. Plus it would be a great venue for HBT'ers to meet each other.

Back