Metallic flavor from my new brew rig.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonparamedic

Reaction score
So my first ale is done using my new single tier brewery and there is a noticeable metallic after taste to the beer. The equipment is all stainless and welded and I scrubbed the hell out of it followed by a hot soak of straight a and then a hot wash of plain water (hoses, pump, chiller included). Any hints from those who have broken in new rigs before?

What yeast did yo use? I got what I would have called a metallic after taste on an ale when I used us-05 safale yeast. I've since made the recipe a number of times and not experienced the flavor issue since changing yeasts.

I didn't think of the yeast. I used wlp006 bedford ale. I made an amber that I've brewed quite a few times and only changed the yeast. I don't think it's an infection as I'm not getting any other "bug" indications. I did wash and store some of that yeast so it may be time for some test batches.

Back